fbpx
Connect with us

Uncategorized

35 year old fan killed in machete attack following Celtic v Rangers row

A 35 year old fan has unfortunately been killed in a machete attack following a row which was over Celtic v Rangers, reports state.

According to various articles, a gang ended up chasing a man for 500 yards before fatally slashing his throat in what has been described as ‘a suspected drunken Old Firm rammy’.

Kamil Charyszyn, the Celtic fan, was killed after getting in a shouting match with three men and a woman who came out from their flats which had the decoration with the colours of Rangers.

Neighbours told how someone was heard saying: “I’m a Celtic fan but who gives a f***?” seconds before the male blade nut struck in Easterhouse, Glasgow.

It came hours after Sunday’s derby draw at Parkhead.

One resident said: “There was an awful commotion outside but I just assumed it was drunk Celtic and Rangers fans.

“I heard someone saying, ‘I’m a Celtic fan but who gives a f***?’. It was a noisy rabble and  it was getting heated.

“The next thing I knew police were everywhere and a tent was erected over the spot.

“The man died on the street. His throat was partially severed.”

Police officers have launched a probe into the 10.05pm horror just yards from where Kamil had lived.

The block of flats, which has Rangers championship flags as well as bunting was sealed off earlier this week as for­ensic teams looked around for clues and anything suspicious to them.

A tent remains in the place of where the victim’s body was found.

Detective Chief Inspector Alan McAlpine, of Police Scotland’s major investigation team, said officers have been working to establish the circumstances surrounding the barbaric killing.

Appealing for witnesses, he added: “A young man has lost his life and we need to trace whoever is responsible.

“I’m sure members of the community will have information around this incident and I would urge them to pass it on.

“The victim’s family deserves to know what happened.”

The four suspects are described as white with the killer described to be 5ft 10in in height and was wearing a dark jacket plus tracksuit trousers with a light baseball cap.

The second man was spotted wearing dark clothes and short or shaved hair, while the third was wearing a dark-coloured hoodie top.

The woman is said have blonde hair, is a heavy build and wore a light-coloured sweatshirt, dark body warmer or waistcoat and light trainers.

Sunday’s Old Firm clash ended 1-1 with rival fans being praised for keeping to lockdown rules by staying away from Celtic Park.

Tributes have been paid to the young dad-of-three, a 35 year old fan killed in the machete attack following a Celtic v Rangers row…

A local said: “I was Kamil’s friend. It was so devastating he was a really good man. We are all heartbroken.”

Another commented: “Kamil was so nice he would never pass you without saying hello. He kept to himself and was really quiet but friendly enough. It is so horrible what has happened.”

A third individual said: “I was so upset when I heard he lives not far away and is always really cheerful. He is quiet but the family are very nice. It is such a shame I can’t believe it.

While another told: “This is normally a quiet area so I was shocked to see all the police tape and everything go up. I think we are all feeling anxious and very concerned since it happened round the corner and we don’t know why.”

A different resident of the area said: “Kamil was a young dad and he was stabbed in the neck three times, it is so awful. He never seemed to get in bother or anything. Sad how this can happen to even the quiet folk.”

One other added: “I heard he had been chased down the street and stabbed. So awful I really feel for his poor family.”

Detectives have set up an online portal to encourage members of the public to submit information. Link to MIPP page: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/SCOT21S07-PO1

REACTION:

@NickDuffy7: Both of these incidents are shameful, but the lack of reporting of the murder of yet another Celtic fan is absolutely disgraceful from the Scottish media. RIP Kamil Charyszyn

@ellsbells412: This breaks my heart. Heard he was a harmless big guy. RIP Kamil

@wallsy67: RIP Kamil 🙏💚

@kirstybarrett67: RIP Kamil Charyszyn 🍀🍀 #YNWA

@SeanMaley88: Kamil Charyszyn. Murdered for being a Celtic fan. The scum that killed you have no place on this Earth. RIP 🍀💚

@CollectCelticFC: A 35 year old Celtic Fan, Kamil Charyszyn was chased and killed at weekend in Glasgow by 3 men and 1 woman in Rangers colours, They slit his throat with a machete. Pure fcuking evil 🤮🤮🤮🤮

@GriphouseKeith: Why is this murder not getting more coverage?

@__lippylipez__: RIP fellow Celt Kamil charyszyn murdered by sectarian bigots for being a Celtic fan. 💔🍀

@TonyMacD21: Awful news RIP Kamil

@KevMurrayOff: A young man killed simply for getting into a row with violent thugs over a game of football. 35 years old absolutely no age at all. RIP Kamil Charyszyn.

@Dooblay2: Am wondering about this myself. What the fuck is going on in this country?

@StanVargaCSC: ‘I’m a Celtic fan but who gives a fuck?’ Is reason enough for someone to chase and stab a guy in the neck three times. Absolutely sickening. A family has lost their dad due to the actions of a group of mindless thugs.

@anton_white123: Speechless. Imagine hating someone that much because of the team they support. Will never understand it

@TiocolateKek: Fucking awful how this isn’t getting reported on as much as it should be. Just imagine it was a black man butchered with a machete there’d be a lynch mob for the cowards that did it. RIP Kamil

@rhinomcnulty22: Fuck sake, I never heard anything about it. So sad. RIP 🍀

@00Bollox_Celtic: Absolutely horiffic!

@CelticGossip: Horrific news, may he rest in peace HH

@sammybhoy1967: Scumbags, they should be all locked up and the killer for life.