fbpx
Connect with us

English Football League

23/24 FA Cup First Round Replay TV selections revealed

The 23/24 FA Cup First Round Replay TV selections have been revealed with two fixtures picked to be broadcasted live on air.

Cray Valley will be televised again, this time at home, after producing a performance that defied a gap of 117 league places and force a replay against League One Charlton.

Seventh-tier Horsham also earned an FA Cup First Round replay with League One side Barnsley after a thrilling six-goal draw at Oakwell.

FA Cup First Round replays on TV:

Tuesday 14 November – Horsham v Barnsley
at 19:30 on ITV4 and ITVX

Wednesday 15 November – Cray Valley (PM) v Charlton Athletic
at 19:45 on BBC Two, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport

Clubs will all receive a live broadcast fee of Β£25,000.

FA Cup First Round Replays

Tuesday 14 November 2023
19:30 17R Horsham VS Barnsley
19:45 9R Grimsby Town VS Slough Town
19:45 14R Derby County VS Crewe Alexandra
19:45 18R Burton Albion VS Port Vale
19:45 19R Salford City VS Peterborough United
19:45 28R Accrington Stanley VS Doncaster Rovers
19:45 29R York City VS Chester
19:45 30R Forest Green Rovers VS Scarborough Athletic

Wednesday 15 November 2023
19:45 10R Cray Valley (PM) VS Charlton Athletic

FA Cup Second Round – Dates and TV ties to be confirmed

1 Maidstone United v Barrow
2 Wycombe Wanderers v Morecambe
3 Notts County v Shrewsbury Town
4 Chesterfield v Leyton Orient
5 Aldershot Town v Stockport County
6 Alfreton Town v Walsall
7 Blackpool v Scarborough Athletic or Forest Green Rovers
8 Cambridge United v Fleetwood Town
9 Bolton Wanderers v Harrogate Town
10 Wrexham v Yeovil Town
11 Crewe Alexandra or Derby County v Bristol Rovers
12 Peterborough United or Salford City v Doncaster Rovers or Accrington Stanley
13 Eastleigh v Reading
14 Gillingham v Charlton Athletic or Cray Valley (PM)
15 Stevenage v Port Vale or Burton Albion
16 Newport County v Barnet
17 Oxford United v Slough Town or Grimsby Town
18 Chester or York City v Wigan Athletic
19 Sutton United v Barnsley or Horsham
20 AFC Wimbledon v Ramsgate

Charlton boss Michael Appleton made 11 changes to the team that was victorious at Wigan before that, to offer squad players a chance.

“I’m disappointed with three or four of the group – maybe more – I thought they would be better,” he said post-match.

“I’ve had a good look at how certain people in the group deal with a little bit of disappointment and anxiety.

“Some have shown OK but some have given me me something to think about in terms of when I need to use them again.

“Ultimately, I take full responsibility because I picked the team and clearly it was the wrong team.

“There was a frustration in our group and almost a lack of discipline to the point of where, instead of trying to be positive, it was safe, safe, safe,” Appleton told BBC Radio London.

“No-one had the energy to make a mistake or want to make a mistake, so disappointing, but we are still in the tie.

“There was enough quality in the starting 11 – or I thought there was – to do that on a regular basis and do that consistently over the 90 minutes and that didn’t happen.

“When Cray scored the equaliser, they are the moments you find out about players and I found out about one or two but not in a positive way.

“We weren’t technically good enough at times and we didn’t show enough nous. Sometimes, from an anxiety point of view, you get drained when it’s not going for you but overall you have to give Cray an awful lot of credit.

“We were expected to win the game. We were massive favourites.

“The underdogs have come here and got the replay but we have seen in various games over the weekend that sometimes it doesn’t go to plan.”

Barnsley boss Neill Collins said after the draw against Horsham: “This is what cup competitions are all about. You drop off from a mentality standpoint, for me, that’s what it was.

“You look at the chances we created. The goalkeeper made some fantastic saves, you’ve got to take them.

“You look at the goals we lost, basic. Basic mistakes.

“The players have been really, really good up to this point. Their attitude has been good, I think their mentality and temperament has been very good.

“I know how tough these games are. But I think it was a stark reminder for a few individuals that you cannot take a minute off.

“I don’t think enough of them were in the right frame of mind tonight.”

Meanwhile, Ramsgate boss Ben Smith feels that their FA Cup tie at AFC Wimbledon should be a live TV game.

β€œI’ve been looking for an away tie,” Smith said as per KentOnline. β€œWe’ve got a League Two club, hopefully the TV gives us the credit we’re due.

β€œIt will be a fantastic day, it’s London, so close enough to get lots of support there and hopefully it will be another magical day.

β€œWe were underdogs against Woking, I said we probably had a 20% chance. We’ve probably got a 10% chance v AFC Wimbledon.

β€œWe go with nothing to fear, the supporters will have a great day, no matter what happens. At the moment we are daring to dream.”

FA CUP FIRST ROUND PROPER RESULTS

Sheppey United (8) 1–4 Walsall (4)
Barnsley (3) 3–3 Horsham (7)
Northampton Town (3) 1–3 Barrow (4)
Curzon Ashton (6) 0–1 Barnet (5)
Alfreton Town (6) 2–0 Worthing (6)
Bolton Wanderers (3) 4–0 Solihull Moors (5)
Exeter City (3) 0–2 Wigan Athletic (3)
Leyton Orient (3) 3–1 Carlisle United (3)
Hereford (6) 0–2 Gillingham (4)
Oxford United (3) 2–0 Maidenhead United (5)
Newport County (4) 2–0 Oldham Athletic (5)
Swindon Town (4) 4–7 Aldershot Town (5)
Marine (7) 1–5 Harrogate Town (4)
Port Vale (3) 0–0 Burton Albion (3)
Peterborough United (3) 2–2 Salford City (4)
Eastleigh (5) 5–1 Boreham Wood (5)
Bradford City (4) 1–2 Wycombe Wanderers (3)
Shrewsbury Town (3) 3–2 Colchester United (4)
Bristol Rovers (3) 7–2 Whitby Town (7)
Lincoln City (3) 1–2 Morecambe (4)
Sutton United (4) 2–1 AFC Fylde (5)
Reading (3) 3–2 Milton Keynes Dons (4)
Doncaster Rovers (4) 2–2 Accrington Stanley (4)
Chester (6) 0–0 York City (5)
Scarborough Athletic (6) 1–1 Forest Green Rovers (4)
Notts County (4) 3–2 Crawley Town (4)
Stockport County (4) 5–1 Worksop Town (7)
Yeovil Town (6) 3–2 Gateshead (5)
Stevenage (3) 4–3 Tranmere Rovers (4)
Chesham United (7) 0–2 Maidstone United (6)
AFC Wimbledon (4) 5–1 Cheltenham Town (3)
Cambridge United (3) 2–1 Bracknell Town (7)
Ramsgate (8) 2–1 Woking (5)
Bromley (5) 0-2 Blackpool (3)
Mansfield Town (4) 1-2 Wrexham (4)
Chesterfield (5) 1-0 Portsmouth (3)
Kidderminster Harriers (5) 1-2 Fleetwood Town (3)
Slough Town (6) 1-1 Grimsby Town (4)
Crewe Alexandra (4) 2-2 Derby County (3)
Charlton Athletic (3) 1-1 Cray Valley Paper Mills (8)

This is how fans reacted with the 23/24 FA Cup First Round Replay TV selections revealed…

@JulianBarker111: Top picks

@ME8Gills: Logical picks πŸ‘

@JeremyArnold31: Β£25k per club, brilliant πŸ‘

@kelvyn58: And the ‘big boys’ want to scrap replays Β£25,000 sod all to them, imagine what it means to Horsham and Cray Valley though

@mrjacktanner: Β£25k a lot for Horsham and Cray Valley, but I’m sure the fee for a 2nd round tie – which they would have been more likely to reach had the original games went to pens then a replay – would be more lucrative

@rivv_dw17: I mean, it would’ve been very hard to get em wrong

@DaleyBlindFC: Would’ve liked York v Chester but no complaints with those ties.

@kentschools_fa: Good that non-league clubs can benefit from the increased profile and financial boost of these replays. Important, therefore, that the FA continue to support them. Non-league clubs are an integral part of their communities.

@Mted97: Anyone who made the trip last Friday should get first dibs πŸ™πŸ»

@HowietheHornet: Well this is all very exciting isn’t it! πŸ’›πŸ€”πŸ’š

@hanni22: Brilliant. You guys played with everything you had on Friday and I often sat smiling at your fans who were buzzing (rightly so) all 90 mins. Good luck from a Barnsley Fan

@JossStarkie: Massive for the club!