fbpx
Connect with us

Uncategorized

16 year old footballer is stabbed to death leaving club saddened

A promising 16 year old footballer has unfortunately lost his life as he is stabbed to death, leaving his former club saddened.

Tributes have poured out after hearing that the talented youngster had died following the incident which took place in Dublin this week.

Josh Dunne, who was a former trialist of the football club Dundee United, passed away after the attack on East Road, which is based in East Wall in Dublin at around 9:20pm.

Credit: The Sun

Josh who was rushed to hospital with serious injuries after what the Irish Sun reports as a row between two groups over a bike.

He was later pronounced dead at the hospital with a second boy remaining in a serious but currently in a stable condition.

A man, aged in his 20s, also was taken to the hospital with injuries.

Dundee United Academy paid tribute to Dunne, who was part of their youth squads, rising up through the ranks.

They posted on Twitter: โ€œWe are deeply saddened to hear of the tragic passing of Josh Dunne.

โ€œJosh was a trialist with our Foyle Cup and Super Cup squads in 2019 where he was warmly welcomed and respected by players and staff.

โ€œOur thoughts and best wishes are with his family and friends.โ€

Josh was also a member of the Bohemian Football Club academy with the club saying they are “devastated” after hearing the news of Josh’s death.

They said: “Everyone at Bohemians is devastated to learn of the death of Bohs-SKB player Josh Dunne in tragic circumstances.

“Josh was a talented young footballer who will be sadly missed by former team-mates and coaches.

“We extend our deepest condolences to his family and friends.”

St Kevin’s Football Club said he “will be sadly missed by all of us”.

They wrote: “It is with great sadness that the club has learned of the sudden and untimely death of one of our players Josh Dunne last night.

“On speaking to Josh’s Managerโ€™s Mark, Gerry, Peter and all the lads from his team they are all devastated to hear the sad news.

Credit: The Sun

“Josh was a very talented footballer and well-liked by all his teammates and will be sadly missed by all of us.

“In his time at St Kevinโ€™s Josh enjoyed great success with our DDSL Premier sides, DDSL representative team and the Bohs/SKB under 15 LOI team.

“At this sad time our thoughts and prayers are with his immediate family, extended relations, and friends. Rest in peace Josh.”

A spokesman said: “Gardaรญ at Store Street Garda Station continue to investigate all the circumstances of a fatal assault and associated incidents which occurred on East Wall Road, at the junction with East Road, East Wall, Dublin 3, 26th January 2021.

“At approximately 09:20pm Gardaรญ received report of a public order incident occurring on East Road, East Wall.

“Gardaรญ and emergency services attended the scene and two juvenile males were taken to the Mater Hospital to be treated for serious injuries.

“One of the juvenile males has subsequently been pronounced dead in the Mater Hospital.

“A post mortem will be carried out on this male this afternoon, 27 January 2021 at the City Morgue by Dr Heidi Okkers, Locum Assistant State Pathologist.

“A family Liaison Officer has been appointed to and continues to liaise with the family.

“The two males (an adult and a juvenile) remain in Hospital receiving medical attention.”

There was yet more tributes after users read that the 16 year old footballer is stabbed to death…

@nicolanelson24: So sad at such a young age x thoughts with his family and friends xx

@RoseanneBDunne: So sad. Needless death. Thinking of his family at this time.

@SuperCupNI: Very sad news. Thoughts with Joshโ€™s family, friends and teammates. RIP

@Craig_29: I had the pleasure of coaching this young man in the FAI Emerging Talent Program, and we lived in the same estate in Dublin. The world is a cruel place sometimes and life is precious. Rest in Peace Josh.

@lloydgaffney: Absolutely horrific news to wake up to this morning. A very polite yet cheeky chap who was a delight to have in the squad at the Super Cup. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

@AndyGoldie85: Heartbreaking news to wake up to this morning. Josh had such a fantastic personality and talent who made the two weeks in Northern Ireland even more enjoyable and memorable for us all. Our thoughts are with his family, friends and team mates at this tragic time

@adamasghar01: RIP Josh – extremely sad news to receive this morning. The way in which our players spoke of him at training today let us know what an infectious personality he had and the talent he possessed as a young footballer. Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

More in Uncategorized