Check out the transfer talk for the Football League…
A report in The Daily Mail has suggested that Aston Villa have looked at Baptiste Santamaria of Angers as a possible alternative to Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips.
— HITC Transfer News (@HITCdeadlineday) June 30, 2019
Stevenage look set to announce the signing of Forest Green midfielder Paul Digby, D3D4 Football understands.
➡️Stevenage close to announcing deal for 24-year-old midfielder
— D3D4Football (@d3d4football) June 30, 2019
TEAMtalk understands Arsenal are looking into offering Gary Cahill a contract, given their restricted transfer budget. Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, West Ham and Fulham also chasing him.
— TEAMtalk (@TEAMtalk) June 30, 2019
New Nottingham Forest boss Sabri Lamouchi is said to have sounded out goalkeeper Abdoulaye Diallo about a move to the City Ground.
— NFFC TrentEnd (@NFFC_TrentEnd) July 1, 2019
Other stories reported:
– A report from Football Insider has claimed that Leeds United have set their sights on Brentford goalkeeper Luke Daniels.
– Steve Bruce has hinted that another free agent could be coming to train with Sheffield Wednesday with three out of contract players, Julian Börner, Moses Odubajo and Kadeem Harris were present at their ‘Owls in the Park’ event yesterday, despite their signings not yet announced.
– Sheffield Wednesday boss Steve Bruce has revealed he would like to sign Michael Hector on loan for a second season.
– Manchester City winger Jack Harrison and Brighton defender Ben White have already started Leeds medicals, and Wolves winger Helder Costa and Barcelona B striker Rafa Mujica are set to follow in the coming days.
– Sunderland could be announcing their first new signing today. The owner revealed that along with saying “we have three players possibly and I would imagine by Monday the first signing will be announced. We want 6-8 players and they have to be better than what we have now.”
– Sunderland goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin has been linked with a move to Millwall who offered £1million for the stopper, the Black Cats however value him at £5m. Owner Stewart Donald has ruled-out an exit for him and teammate Aiden McGeady, who has also been linked with a move to Celtic. (Sunderland Echo)
– Wolves defender Conor Coady is being tracked by Newcastle and local rivals West Bromwich Albion. (The Sun)
– Bristol Rovers are interested in UC Dublin centre-back Liam Scales, who spent time on trial with Manchester City. (Bristol Live)
– Rotherham United boss Paul Warne admits sides are interested in a deal for Ben Purrington – but that the defender will only leave for the right price (Rotherham Advertiser)
– West Brom are not interested in a deal to sign former Aston Villa right-back Alan Hutton this summer. Notttingham Forest, Hull and Wigan keen. (Express & Star)
– Real Betis are close to a £25m deal for Fulham striker Aleksander Mitrovic.
– West Brom hope Jay Rodriguez stays despite £10m release clause and interest from a number of Premier League clubs including Burnley and Bournemouth.
– Huddersfield Town‘s interest in taking talented Everton youngster Kieran Dowell on loan reportedly remains strong.
– The Sentinel newspaper reports that Port Vale have taken on three trialists ahead of their opening friendly game. A right back and two goalkeepers.