Check out the transfer talk for the Football League…
• Nottingham Forest have agreed a deal to sign Cyprus international Nicholas Ioannou from APOEL Nicosia.
• Oldham Athletic have made a second approach to sign Swindon midfielder Matty Palmer, according to reports. Richie Wellens said in a press conference that a “couple of offers” had been received from Oldham for the midfielder, though the former Rotherham man was more interested in moving to Wigan. (D3D4 Football)
• Jacques Maghoma is training at former club Burton to keep fit while deciding on offers on the table and waiting on other interested clubs, including Wycombe, Luton and Hull. (The 72)
• West Bromwich Albion will demand £8million if they are to let go of Danish striker Kenneth Zohore before the window closes, according to The Athletic. Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday are keen.
• Barnsley-linked Scott Fraser, now of MK Dons, has revealed he was subject of strong Championship interest, but opted to join the League One side due to the alternatives not playing the right “style of football” (MK Citizen)
• Leeds United were understood to have made “brief enquiries” over Norwich City’s £20m-rated star Emiliano Buendia at the start of the summer, but swiftly moved on to different targets. (The Athletic)
• West Ham United could be set to turn to Swansea City defender Joe Rodon to remedy their defensive woes, after struggling to land Burnley’s James Tarkowski. However, he could also prove too costly. (Guardian)
• Swansea City are reportedly interested in signing Brighton and Hove Albion forward Viktor Gyokeres according to Wales Online.
• Sheffield Wednesday’s hopes of re-signing Jacob Murphy have been dashed after Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce ruled out letting him leave before the transfer window shuts next month.
• Crewe Alexandra boss David Artell says he will allow one or two of his centre-halves to leave during the extended summer transfer window. (Various)
• The loan arrival of Rasmus Nicolaisen from FC Midtjylland to Portsmouth has pushed striker Paul Downing even closer to the Fratton Park exit. (The News)
• QPR have had a bid of £1.5 million rejected by Charlton Athletic for striker Macauley Bonne. (Wales Online)
• Phil Parkinson’s Sunderland are facing fresh competition in the race for Argentinian striker Mateo Bajamich – with unnammed Championship interest emerging. (Sunderland Echo)
• Blackburn Rovers want to loan out Tyler Magloire and Hayden Carter, as per a report by the Lancashire Telegraph.
• Watford have confirmed midfield pair Étienne Capoue and Roberto Pereyra have handed in transfer requests. The duo aren’t currently training with Vladimir Ivic’s first-team squad and have made it clear they no longer wish to play for the Hornets. Capoue is linked with a move to Valencia and Pereyra made it clear in January his intention to leave the club this summer.
What do you make of today’s football transfer talk?
Let us know your thoughts on our Football League Facebook page.
You can take a look at all the confirmed deals so far from this window by clicking on the button below.