Check out the transfer talk for the Football League…
Burton Albion manager Nigel Clough has confirmed he is assessing the availability of Leeds‘ Oliver Sarkic after he impressed in a trial game. (Derbyshire Live)
— Burton Mail Sport (@BurtonMailSport) July 27, 2019
A report from TWTD has claimed that Ipswich Town are keen to sign striker Tom Elliott from Millwall before the transfer window closes.
— TWTD.co.uk – #itfc (@twtduk) July 28, 2019
Cambridge United are hoping to wrap up deals for free agents Andrew Dallas and Jonathan Obika. (Cambridgeshire Live)
— Andrew Georgeson (@ageorgesonCN) July 27, 2019
Other stories reported:
– “Birmingham. Vassell’s availability seems to be causing a stir at a few clubs. Luton not got this all their own way. ?” (Alan Nixon)
– Sheffield United have joined Fulham and Stoke in the race to land Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter. (The Sun)
– Blackburn Rovers are interested in German defender Robin Bormuth from Fortuna Düsseldorf.
– Sunderland left-back Bryan Oviedo says there is a ‘98%’ chance he will leave the club this summer after reaching an agreement. (Columbia FM)
– Niall Quinn’s son, Michael, could be on the verge of joining Sunderland on a trial basis. (The Sun)
– Portsmouth have joined the race to sign Doncaster Rovers striker John Marquis. He is hoping to move back south for family reasons. Charlton also keen. (Daily Mail)
– Aston Villa, Huddersfield and Derby have made enquiries for Coventry City midfielder Tom Bayliss. (Football Insider)
– Brighton are among a host of clubs – including Liverpool and Swansea – interested in West Brom striker Rayhaan Tulloch. (Daily Mail)
– Doncaster Rovers are heading the chase for Aston Villa midfielder Aaron Tshibola after he was told he can leave Villa Park. (Daily Mail)
– Aston Villa‘s hopes of signing 26-year-old Stoke City and England goalkeeper Jack Butland have been hit by a sell-on clause that would give West Midlands rivals Birmingham about 20% of the fee. (Sun)
– Villa have been given encouragement in their pursuit of Cardiff City goalkeeper Neil Etheridge, 29, after Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock said the Championship club would be willing to listen to offers for the Philippines international. (Wales Online)
– Derby County, West Bromwich Albion, Middlesbrough and Brentford are all interested in signing Arsenal and Poland U21 midfielder Krystian Bielik.
– Unwanted Peterborough winger Isaac Buckley-Ricketts has failed to earn a deal with Wycombe Wanderers after a brief trial period. (Peterborough Telegraph)
– Southend United manager Kevin Bond has confirmed that the club have opted against offering a contract to attacker Isaac Buckley-Ricketts, who they brought in on trial from Peterborough United.
– Blackpool boss Simon Grayson says he’s been given assurances he’ll be allowed to spend the cash raised from Marc Bola’s move to Middlesbrough.
– A few sources over on popular Walsall fan site UptheSaddlers suggest the Saddlers are eyeing up a move for Salford and former Bristol Rovers striker Rory Gaffney.
– Southend United manager Kevin Bond will hold talks with Andre Blackman today after being with the Shrimps all pre-season.
– Nottingham Forest will reportedly make a new bid for Scott McKenna, after seeing a £3m offer knocked back. Aberdeen rejected two bids for the centre-back, with the other one coming from Queens Park Rangers. (Football in Scotland)
– A report from the Daily Record has claimed that Nottingham Forest could look to make a move for Burnley defender Ben Gibson (linked with Leeds and Middlesbrough) if they fail in their chase for Aberdeen defender Scott McKenna.
– Crystal Palace are hoping they can complete a player-plus-cash deal for Brentford forward Ollie Watkins by offering Alexander Sorloth in exchange.
– According to the Sun, Sheffield United are poised to complete the £18m arrival of Oli McBurnie from Swansea before next week’s deadline. Just yesterday it sounded as though any move for the player wouldn’t be happening.
– TWTD has learned that Ipswich Town are in discussions on keeper Bartosz Bialkowski’s switch to Millwall.
– Nottingham Forest have been credited with an interest in Wolves striker Rafa Mir.
– Carlisle United manager Steven Pressley expects to announce the capture of a loan striker this week as the Blues aim to bolster their frontline options.