Step 5 club go viral by signing ex-Middlesbrough, Coventry and Hartlepool keeper

One particular Step 5 club go viral by signing an ex-Middlesbrough, Coventry and Hartlepool keeper, who has been a big hitter with fans.

Northern League Division One outfit Thornaby have completed the impressive signing of player Dimitris Konstantopoulos, who has plenty of experience at Championship and League One level.

His first competitive game is set to be against Bridlington Town in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round on Tuesday the 1st of September 2020.

He is set however to play in a pre-season friendly against Redcar Athletic, with tickets available until kick off.

Details – Green Lane Redcar, TS10 3RW – Ticket entry is only £3 and available from Redcar Athletic’s clubhouse from 10am to 12 noon Friday and Saturday.

They said on Twitter: “We can’t wait to have him in the team. Dimitris had a meeting with club Chairman Apollo, club secretary Trevor and with a couple of the players.

He was impressed with their ideas and the way they wanted to see the club progress in the future, he was also impressed with the way the club wanted to progress with the juniors and the ground and he felt he could help them so then he put pen to paper.

Manager Craig Haley said of the signing: Dimi is a top class signing for the football club, with his levels and experience both in the Premier League and the Championship with Middlesbrough and also his international football career with Greece.

Dimi will bring added quality to the squad and will give the whole club a massive lift. We welcome Dimi to the club and can’t wait to get him started. Another exciting addition to the club as we continue to build and move forward!

DIMI’S PLAYING CAREER:

1996–2000 – Kalamata – 7 games
2000–2001 – Egaleo – 3 games
2001–2002 – Kalamata – 5 games
2002–2003 – Farense – 0 games
2003–2007 – Hartlepool United – 117 games
2007–2010 – Coventry City – 24 games
2008 → Nottingham Forest (loan)
2008–2009 → Swansea City (loan) – 4 games
2009 → Cardiff City (loan) – 6 games
2010–2011 – Kerkyra – 30 games
2011–2013 – AEK Athens – 39 games
2013–2019 – Middlesbrough – 98 games
2019 – Hartlepool United
2020- Thornaby

National team
1998–1999 – Greece U21 – 9 games
2011 – Greece – 1 game

Fans reacted after seeing that the Step 5 club managed to go viral by signing up the ex-Middlesbrough, Coventry and Hartlepool keeper…