Halstead Town set up a 32-team Football Manager tournament

Halstead Town set up a 32-team Football Manager tournament with the First Round draw set to be made on Saturday.

The idea came about after Leyton Orient created their much publicised FIFA competition which sees it’s first set of games play out from Sunday.

It is open to any non league club who feature on the Football Manager 2020 game and all they have to do to enter is by simply retweeting the tweet from the The Eastern Counties League Division One South side’s official Twitter account.

They include:

• YEOVIL TOWN
• NEWTON STEWART
• WEALDSTONE
• HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS
• BAMBER BRIDGE
• GATESHEAD
• WITTON ALBION
• DARLINGTON
• CHELMSFORD CITY
• CHIPPENHAM TOWN
• AFC HORNCHURCH
• SOUTHEND MANOR
• NORTH FERRIBY
• BRAINTREE TOWN
• OSSETT UNITED
• HENDON
• CHESHAM UNITED
• DORKING WANDERERS
• FC UNITED OF MANCHESTER
• PONTEFRACT COLLIERIES
• STAMFORD
• MORPETH TOWN
• HIGHWORTH TOWN
• BURGESS HILL TOWN
• SOUTH PARK
• HALSTEAD TOWN
• WHITEHAWK
• HORSHAM
• HAVANT & WATERLOOVILLE
• ALDERSHOT TOWN
• LEEK TOWN
• HASHTAG UNITED
• EBBSFLEET UNITED

Each club will choose a representative to play and it could be anyone from a first-team player/staff member to a supporter.

A knockout stage will played out over the next few week, two rounds are played before the quarter finals, then it’s the semis and the final.

They continue to set up behind the scenes, so we unfortunately can’t bring the other details in terms of the schedule, rules and FAQs.

Excitement was shared on Twitter as Halstead Town set up a 32-team Football Manager tournament…

Who are you backing to win this year’s tournament? Is your club involved?

Let us know by commenting on our Facebook page!