Hartlepool United appoint new manager

Hartlepool United have confirmed the appointment of Richard Money as the club’s new first team manager.

He replaces Matthew Bates who was sacked on 28 November after a run of six straight defeats.

Chairman Raj Singh said: “We are delighted to welcome Richard back to the north-east.

“It has been a detailed and necessarily difficult process because we have been inundated with applications from some exceptional candidates, so we have left nothing to chance by applying a professional approach to our recruitment.

“Ultimately, Richard was somebody who was very impressive at interview, who has a detailed knowledge of the squad and who wanted to work with the backroom team of Ged and Ross, who have really impressed during their time at the Club.

“Richard’s record at this level speaks for itself – he has regularly reached the play-offs and has been promoted from the division, as well as enjoying success in the FA Trophy.

“He brings the knowledge and experience we need to come to terms with the task of finding a way of competing in the National League, as well as an ability to assist us in building for the long-term.”

After the appointment of Richard Money was confirmed, Hartlepool fans gave their thoughts on whether it was a good choice or not – take a look at what they are saying on the next page.

Like what the Fan Banter have on offer? Sign up for more notifications!