Southend’s Harry Lennon apologises for viral video with Dover players after FA Cup upset

Fans were left rather annoyed when Southend United’s Harry Lennon apologises for the video which saw him out with Dover players after getting knocked out of the FA Cup to them. Majority still wanted him out of the club and thought he left it to late to say sorry, others were more sympathetic…

@AnneSUFC1963: Accepted. Let’s move on

@johnLphin: That’s taken a while. Obviously he was ordered to do so

@Tracey_SUFC: That’s an awful apology, sounds to me like he really doesn’t care and has been made to apologise. #notforgiven

@AndrewStyles5: Apology accepted, now go out and show us on the pitch what you are all about and that you want to play for the club. Onwards and upwards.

@tommyharris57: Having a beer with a mate after a game of football is hardly the crime of the century. In hindsight, he shouldn’t have worn his Southend top, that’s all. Let’s move on, stick together & get behind the team on Saturday,& not waste energy barracking one of our own players!

@PinophytaEd: Couldn’t care less if he was drinking or not. The sooner he leaves, the better. When are the rest of the team apologizing for performing absolutely shite and stealing a living?

@daz_poz: The reaction of most of our fans to the video was ridiculously over the top. His biggest mistake was being a complete fuckwit, which is hardly a 1st for a footballer. But he should have apologised immediately, not a month later.

@steveg671: 5 weeks for that, and just so happens it’s on the eve of a possible return to the first team, pretty easy to see through that Don’t really care what he gets up to after a game. But by wearing the badge, you’re representing the club simple as that He has a lot of making right to do

@LeeM_007: sounds like he really means it…. ?