Favourites for Huddersfield manager

.

We continue our look at the favourites for Huddersfield Town manager…

3) SOL CAMPBELL

Sol Campbell was recently the manager of League Two side Macclesfield Town, but last week resigned from the role after not being paid for the final four months he was at the club.

He miraculously managed to keep the Silkmen in the Football League, despite taking over when relegation seemed an almost certainty, and went onto post a 26.7% win ratio.

His work at his previous club has been noticed by Tony Cascarino, who told talkSPORT: “To keep them up was pretty much a minor miracle. I’ve lauded Phil Parkinson at Bolton when he got promoted when he was under a [transfer] embargo.

“He went down and he’s still their manager. He’s in a similar situation [to Campbell], imagine coming in here and none of us have been paid and we’re having to do a show.

“Sol had only lost two of his last 10 games. So when I heard the news midweek, and it was apparently by both parties mutual consent, I was stunned with the circumstances that Sol had thrown himself into.”

Current odds on Sky Bet: 7/1

2) CHRIS HUGHTON

Chris Hughton had his contract terminated by Brighton & Hove Albion – the team he won came Championship runners up with in 2017 – on the 13th May despite avoiding the drop from the Premier League.

However he won just three of their last 23 league games and none of their final nine.

He has also managed Norwich City, Birmingham City and Newcastle United (won the Championship with in 2010).

Current odds on Sky Bet: 2/1

1) MARK HUDSON

Mark Hudson is the current caretaker of Huddersfield Town following Jan Siewert’s sacking. He also stepped in when David Wagner was sacked back in January.

Hudson made over 100 appearances for the Terriers across three years and was a part of the squad that won promotion to the Premier League.

He has held the position of under-23s manager since his retirement in 2017.

Though if he was appointed as the new manager, his lack of experience managing a senior squad would require patience and time, something the club surely won’t be wanting but instead to have a more instant impact with the club;s current position.

Current odds on Sky Bet: 11/10

Featured photo for the article taken by proudterriers on Instagram

Like what the Fan Banter have on offer? Sign up for more Championship notifications!