Favourites for Aston Villa manager

.

We continue our look at the favourites for Aston Villa manager…

2nd) PAULO FONSECA

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Ht180 (@ht180sport) on

Paulo Fonseca is a former Portuguese professional footballer who played as a central defender, and is the current manager of Ukrainian club FC Shakhtar Donetsk.

It is claimed that he is on Villa’s radar and has linked to super agent Jorge Mendes.

Everton made Paulo Fonseca their top target to replace Sam Allardyce this summer before Marco Silva was named instead.

He has previously managed Braga, Pacos de Ferreira, Porto and Aves.

2016/17 saw him named the Best Coach of the Ukrainian Premier League.

He has also won 7 trophies since 2013.

Current odds on Sky Bet: 11/4

1st) DEAN SMITH

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Aston Villa F.C (@thevillansvoices) on

Dean Smith has impressed at Brentford, taking them to high finishes in the Championship.

He was appointed manager of the Bees in 2015. Since then they’ve finished 9th (2015/16, 2017/18) and 10th (2016/17).

He signed a new one-year contract extension in February 2018. The club were “widely regarded as the Championship’s entertainers” after Smith built an attracting passing style of play on a shoestring budget.

Current odds on Sky Bet: 2/1

Other names mentioned are Sam Allardyce, Carlos Carvahal, David Moyes, Abel Ferreira, Quique Sanchez Flores, Sami Hyypia and Mick McCarthy.

Who do you want as the new manager?

Let us know in the comments below…