Connect with us

English Football League

FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Replays sees 7 advance through, 1 upset and a keeper score

Last night was the FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round replays, seeing another seven clubs advance through to the First Round Proper.

The only upset of the night came at National League South side Billericay Town as they hammered league above Sutton United 5-2.

Harry Beautyman had put Sutton in the lead after 10 minutes, but Jamie O’Hara’s side turned the scoreline around with help from Jake Robinson (21′, 39′, 90+7′), Sam Deering (32′) and Ody Alfa (49′). Tommy Wright got the National League club’s second on 55 minutes but a comeback couldn’t be produced.

Billericay now face Forest Green Rovers, who sit 3rd in the League Two table, in the First Round.

Elsewhere, Barnet came back from 1-0 down to win 3-1 and knock out Potters Bar Town. Ben Ward-Cochrane opening the scoring for the Isthmian League side, but the Bees’ Josh Walker levelled just after 10 minutes later. Ephron-Mason got completed the comeback for Darren Currie’s side before Jack Taylor extended the lead from the spot. Barnet will now face League One high flyers Fleetwood Town in the next round.

Wrexham also join them after JJ Hooper’s only goal of the game was enough to beat Chesterfield and set up a First Round tie at home to Rochdale.

Ebbsfleet United won by the same scoreline at Woking thanks to Alex Reid’s goal on the 24th minute. They will face Notts County at home.

Eastleigh knocked out Welling United with a 4-2 win. A double from Scott Rendell along with goals from Tom Bearwish and Ben Williamson ensured their place in the next round, they will face Stourbridge away.

Maidenhead United made sure they would face Rotherham United at home after beating Wealdstone 2-0. Josh Kelly gave them the lead after 14 minutes before also doubling the scoreline on the just under 10 minutes into the second half.

And lastly, Hayes and Yeading won their replay at Poole Town with three quality goals from Joe Grant, James Clarke and Toby Little, to set up a home tie against League One side Oxford United. Poole keeper Luke Cairney did however give Hayes & Yeading a scare towards the end when he ended up scoring with minutes remaining.


Want a reminder of the full FA Cup First Round Proper draw? Find out for yourself by clicking on the next page.


Pages: 1 2

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

More in English Football League