Bolton Wanderers

‘Distressing’ video shows 15-man brawl after Bolton’s win at Lincoln

A ‘distressing’ video which was uploaded earlier this week shows a 15-man brawl take place after Bolton’s League One win at Lincoln City.

Police are said to have since charged two supporters after ‘appalling’ violence played out on the streets of Sincil Bank following Tuesday night’s match between the two third tier sides.

As supporters and families departed from the ground on around 9:40pm following a 1-0 defeat by the newly promoted Trotters, they were met with a big punch up.

In shock footage sent to The Lincolnite, footage appeared to show a brawl involving between 12 and 15 young males.

Lincoln v Bolton violence from Stonebow Media on Vimeo.

Some of those who left the ground watched on with panic with thugs appearing to throw punches, others wchose to kick, and two people even appeared to stamp on the heads of those pulled to the ground.

Other videos sent to the media outlet showed police officers having to push men back in the hope of relieving tensions.

26 year old James Pemberton of Hyde Way, Holdingham, Sleaford, has been charged with a Public Order offence, and Pete Evans, of Sunny Garth, West Houghton, Bolton, has been charged with being drunk and disorderly.

A Lincolnshire Police spokesperson said: “The disorder happened at 9.45pm at the junction of Cross Street and Scorer Street near to the stadium as fans walked in the direction of Tentacroft Street. The disorder involved two groups of fans from opposing sides.”

Both males have been bailed and are set to appear at Lincoln Magistrates Court on the 8th of September.

Anyone who was in the area at the time, has information relating to the disorder, or has any mobile phone or dashcam footage, is asked to contact Lincolnshire Police on 101 quoting incident 87 of August 17.

More than 1,000 Bolton fans made the journey to the LNER Stadium to watch their side beat Lincoln City on Wednesday night.

Antoni Sarcevic scored the match winning goal, hitting his effort from close range inside the final 15 minutes to cause wild scenes in the away end.

It is the Whites’ first league win at Lincoln since a 3-1 victory in November 1910.

“I was sat in my hotel room thinking of that scenario over and over again,” Sarcevic told The Bolton News after the game. “I go to bed dreaming of scoring a winner like that before the game, “The following of supporters we got there (at Lincoln), I am just so happy we got a win for them.

“It is one game, though, and we’re only three in. Now we have to focus on Saturday.

“A goal is a bonus. I do everything I can, try and cover every blade of grass. It’s nice scoring a goal but getting three points for the boys is all that matters.

“We were laughing in the dressing room that Sheens has been getting in all the right positions, but I just work hard and chipping in with a goal is a bonus,” he said. “I am the type of lads who wears his heart on his sleeve, so it’s great to score and get three points for the boys.

“It shouldn’t really be the first win but it’s nice, we came here and dominated a team that people think will be up there, so the result speaks for itself.”

“We had a strong meeting with the gaffer and the boys,” he added. “We are a good team, we know that, but we can’t let leads slip like we did on Saturday. We are in League One now and things are different, we have to cut out mistakes.

“I think we were back to our best and we dominated a good half of football.

“We proved what we can do when we play like ourselves.

“Maybe those first two games was a bit of a rush of blood? A bit too much excitement?

“Conceding goals as well – but that was much more like it.

“I think we have carried things on from last season. I saw a stat saying we’d only lost three of our last 30 games since January. Stick with us, it’s a good time to be with us. We’re a good group of lads in there. We are all fighting to get this club back to where it belongs and winning football matches.”

As a ‘distressing’ video shows a 15-man brawl play out after Bolton’s win at Lincoln, fans gave their reaction on it…

@samwoodcock: 🙈 absolutely embarrassing

@bigrozza8: sort ur fans out @LincolnCity_FC disgusting #bwfc

@nathjnzy: Been told some Lincoln fans hit an innocent 70 year old Bolton fan walking back to the coach and all Bolton fans started kicking off then the Lincoln fans ran off, embarrassing bunch of fans @LincolnCity_FC #bwfc #ImpsAsOne

@RWillows: Nice of the Bolton fans to smash up the pub at the last game too – was always going to attack a certain “breed” of fan for this game unfortunately from the last time. Not pretending BWFC fans are innocent either as they were looking for trouble too

@eshiyfnkhrnjg: Horrible

@Leigh_Wigan: True story then @LincsPolice waded in to baton Bolton fans no interest in what had happened. Very poor policing but not unexpected

@nathjnzy: What? Police abusing their power? Imagine my shock…

@whiterasta1987: Disgusting. Should be able to go to a game no matter who you support without getting attacked. I hope the Bolton fan will be ok

@ASCFC_x: I don’t support either team but went to the game tonight and saw a group of Lincoln fans go towards a oldish Bolton fan and push him over (had a walking stick) then started running away afterwards after police and other Bolton fans came over, not sure if this the same one or not

@deanolayyd: Fucking wankers the lot of them it was my mate they was laying into on the floor

@harrybwfc446: Scummy lot all waiting on a corner

@DannyJohnston86: I saw it. Completely blind sided him. Some gang of little toss pots waiting on the street corner.

@Radixlecti1: Cowards