fbpx
Connect with us

Championship

Coventry fans taunt Luton after Sky Blues come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2

Coventry City fans cheekily taunt opponents Luton Town after the Sky Blues come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2, easing pressure on Mark Robins.

Despite dominating for long periods, the hosts found themselves trailing 2-0 after a penalty netted by Carlton Morris and a fine finish from Elijah Adebayo.

But then Robins threw on Jack Rudoni at half time in an inspired change with Coventry going on to score three times in the second half, goals from Ellis Simms, Victor Torp and Haji Wright.

Home fans were jubilant, relieved at their side picking up three points, with their side winning 3-2, they could be heard singing “2-0 up and you f*cked it up”, and “you’ve seen the City, now fuck off home!”

Interviewer: “Haji, maybe not the best goal you’ll ever score, but do you care? You certainly made it yours, didn’t you, on the line?”

Haji: “No. I don’t really care how they come as long as they go in. It was an important goal for us.

“You know, we were working throughout the 90 minutes to get a result like this, and for it to happen this way is amazing.”

Interviewer: “And when the momentum in the game was swinging, was your belief just growing and growing as you were getting those goals back?”

Haji: “Yeah. 100%. I think even our play in the first half gave us a bit of confidence.

“We knew we were creating chances, and it was just a matter of time before we took one.”

Interviewer: “What’s it been like so far this season? Because it must have been frustrating how you’ve done so far knowing that you’re you’re capable of being higher.”

Haji: “Yeah. It’s frustrating.

“I think, we saw loads of new players, and our team’s quite young. So so we’re still trying to find that gel to find, like, the perfect tempo of the play.

“And, we’re just, you know, still finding our feet a bit, but today is a great result for us.”

Coventry’s Mark Robins: “I thought we were thoroughly deserved winners and I thought everybody played their part. I thought there were some top, outstanding performances, some really brilliant elements to the performance and all the contributions were really good.

“We were calm, we played to what the game gave us, we turned them, we ran after it, we put them under pressure and you could see that they’d played on Wednesday.

“I don’t think we deserved to go one down, never mind two down. They had two opportunities to score and they took them both because of decisions that we made.

“We seem to make elementary decisions and get punished for them, and there’s just no rhyme or reason to it. Communication, desire, it was all there on show apart from two moments.

“I thought we defended really well against those two (Morris and Adebayo), I think we played as well against them as we’ve played ever, it’s only the second time I think we’ve beaten them in the time we’ve been playing against them.”

Luton’s Rob Edwards: “It’s on me, 2-0 up away from home and we have lost the game. I feel as bad as I have ever felt in football right now. It’s difficult to come out now and speak.

“It was difficult, it was hard. We tried to make changes earlier, even at 2-0 we changed the pressing because they were going fairly direct and in behind anyway.

“Ultimately we haven’t defended well enough, they get a glimmer of hope from a set piece and the momentum is with them and in the stadium.

“We tried everything, players are giving me everything but ultimately we’ve lost the game from a commanding position and that’s on me.”

Here’s how Twitter users reacted while Coventry fans taunt Luton after the Sky Blues come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2…

@matt39728060: Beating Watford saved his job. Edwards should be gone

@chrisnev166: Edward’s Out

@Hoppie1984: Cov was better than us today. Even when we were two up, we didn’t really think we controlled the game. Definitely in a relegation battle

@mykegrimes: So so so deserved. Well done lads. Haji up front; Sheaf, Eccles, Torp in the middle and Rudi LWB will bring the results.

@dharvey4: Brilliant 2nd half, we know how good the players are, they just lacked confidence, we made Luton look poor today

@Dale_Mc22: 7points off the play offs 🤷🏻‍♂️😆

@JakeRuss1000: My god we don’t make it easy, my heart rate is through the roof 😂 Thoroughly deserved tho, much better in midfield and attack, just defensively we need to improve ASAP. Also Rudoni at LWB, was an absolute masterclass from him and MR 👌👏

@LukeBryan121: Completely deserved win. By far the better side throughout the whole game. Have to use this result to push on now PUSB

@1ceehaych: We needed that, ive been negative all season but that second half was absolute quality lets hope we take that into the next game 🩵

@skybluelee82: Superb to a man , was enough just to prove to the doubters that the players are still playing for MR , but performance and comeback on just get in….

@Benr83: Fully deserved win, thank god those misses in the first half didn’t come back to haunt us. Need need need to stop conceding soft goals now.

@ccfcsaxon10: Love the winning goal. Rudoni takes responsibility takes his man on makes something happen, good cross, good from Simms wins a good header, Wright is there like all great goal scorers where you need him in the big moments. So well deserved, buzzing for the players! Onwards #PUSB

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

More in Championship