AFC Bournemouth

Charlie Nicholas’ Premier League score predictions

We continue our look at what Sky Sports pundit Charlie Nicholas has predicted…

MAN UTD v LEICESTER

The score Charlie Nicholas has predicted for this game is: 1-1

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “It is a cracking game, one which I would like to see. Leicester are visiting one of the teams I think they could catch. I am looking at what they have and what they don’t have, but the simple fact is Leicester have started the campaign well. This is a game where they can open up and threaten Manchester United.

“If they play open and expansively then they will be content. Brendan Rodgers’ side has a shape but can counter-attack and are good with the ball. I don’t know whether Anthony Martial will be fit. Marcus Rashford will play through the middle but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s team will still be vulnerable in defence.”

SHEFF UTD v SOUTHAMPTON

The score Charlie Nicholas has predicted for this game is: 2-2

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “Sheffield United are committed and passionate. Chris Wilder is a man of substance when it comes to his players not doing the job. He does not take fools. He has no loyalty to the players who will not do the job. If you are doing well, you are in the team, and if not then you are not fulfilling the duties that he wants. It is similar to Ralph Hasenhuttl at Southampton, but if Nathan Redmond is not fit on Saturday, I don’t think they have enough of a threat up front. There are decent qualities in both teams and Sheffield Utd will pin them back but it will be close, too close to call.”

BRIGHTON v BURNLEY

The score Charlie Nicholas has predicted for this game is: 1-1

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “I must admit, this is the toughest Super 6 of the season – to be guaranteed a winner is very generous, as these are all tough calls.

“Leandro Trossard looks decent up front for Brighton – he is keen to get in the box and make things happen. Brighton are now finding a way to get around playing Glenn Murray every game. They need to dominate the midfield more. Ashley Barnes is a handful for most teams and Burnley have just gone back to basics, which has worked. Their defence is nice and solid and their midfield is organised, while the Burnley strikers work hard and get their rewards. There is a strategy to it. This is another draw for me.”

WOLVES v CHELSEA

The score Charlie Nicholas has predicted for this game is: 2-1

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “There are loads of people this weekend that will be editing their predictions. They will be checking teams and seeing who is fit and who could be the potential match-winner. It will be like that because of the guaranteed jackpot. Jeff must pay out again!

“Wolves do well against the big teams. Tammy Abraham has been in form and Mason Mount has been spectacularly good. Chelsea are still vulnerable at the back and will be threatened by Diogo Jota and Raul Jimenez up front. I see Wolves beating Chelsea this weekend, and Wolves are the team, as many people that are talking about Leicester, that could definitely override the top-six trend.”

TOTTENHAM v CRYSTAL PALACE

The score Charlie Nicholas has predicted for this game is: 2-1

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “Tottenham are finding it difficult to be as solid defensively – they lost 13 league games last year. Crystal Palace won at Old Trafford and played well for it. Gary Cahill has improved them defensively, and because these things start to develop, you can see them in action. Tottenham came from behind at home to Aston Villa, they blew it against Arsenal, they got lucky against Man City and they got beat by Newcastle, so it is not looking great at the moment. It will be another long day for their supporters. It will be a stifled counter-attack performance from Palace – it will be an awkward day but they will get there in the end.”

What do you make of what Charlie Nicholas has predicted?

Let us know in the comments of our Facebook page!

You can also see what he had to say about each match and the odds by clicking HERE.

More in AFC Bournemouth