AFC Bournemouth

Charlie Nicholas’ Premier League score predictions – 30th August

We continue our look at what Sky Sports pundit Charlie Nicholas has predicted…

CHELSEA v SHEFFIELD UTD

The score Charlie Nicholas has predicted for this game is: 3-1

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “Frank Lampard badly needed the win at Norwich, and Chelsea played well going forward – they know they have frailties at the back. Pedro looks to be relishing working with Lampard. Tammy Abraham had a lot of pressure on him but he is up and running so has done well. Lampard wants Mason Mount to play up with the strikers and he has identified this, he is so gifted and talented.

“It has been a good start for Sheffield United, so they may be ready to say it is about being dogged, not just having energy. There is a feeling within Chelsea at the moment that the fans will demand a win and Lampard will demand a performance, which they will get, but not without its difficulties.”

NEWCASTLE v WATFORD

The score Charlie Nicholas has predicted for this game is: 1-0

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “It was a very nice result for Newcastle last weekend, may I say! The stick that was aimed at the players and Steve Bruce will be there consistently. The fans want the owner out and they will continue to strive for this. Rafael Benitez was softly going against the owner, which Steve Bruce cannot do in his situation really.

“His team worked hard and Joelinton got his campaign off to a start. If they could go and win this weekend, against a team that are toiling, then this will be great. Watford have had a shocker of a start, and there is always the question as to how much time Javi Gracia is given. They got to the FA Cup final last season. Who will be the foot soldiers for Watford? Abdoulaye Doucoure has not started in great fashion. Where have Gerard Deulofeu and Roberto Pereyra been? They started like a train last season.”

MAN CITY v BRIGHTON

The score Charlie Nicholas has predicted for this game is: 5-0

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “I just hope that Graham Potter has a plan A, plan B, and plan C at the ready for this one. Do you sit in and hurt them from set-pieces? Where do they pitch? Where do they put their back five? You do not want to give them pockets of space.

“Manchester City interchange, fly down the wing with pace, Kevin De Bruyne does this, David Silva does that. What formation do they play? They play football and they enjoy it, that’s why you need different plans.

“I don’t see anything but pain here for Brighton. Raheem Sterling and Sergio Aguero are frightening, with De Bruyne in full swing now too. I am sure De Bruyne could be the best ever at City, better than the rest. If you want a game with lots of goals and smiles, this is your game.”

WEST HAM v NORWICH

The score Charlie Nicholas has predicted for this game is: 3-2

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “Norwich are really good to watch, I like what they want to do. I like the combination of Todd Cantwell and Teemu Pukki. They have strong defensive frailties though. Max Aarons and Jamal Lewis have pace to burn, and they are trying to mould them into the modern attacking wing-backs, so they will see more of the ball and create more danger.

“The two youngsters are good players but this can leave their defence vulnerable. They need more quality and protection in midfield, which means they will leak a lot of goals. This will be a treat to watch.”

LEICESTER v BOURNEMOUTH

The score Charlie Nicholas has predicted for this game is: 3-1

He said on Sky Sports’ website: “Nobody expected Bournemouth to get anything from their match against Manchester City but what a free kick by Harry Wilson. I did fancy Leicester at Sheffield United, but these are the games which Brendan Rodgers will like to pinpoint. He wants his sides to play like Eddie Howe likes to play.

“Leicester will try to get control of the ball. Will Harvey Barnes start? I would play him. You then have James Maddison and Youri Tielemans playing with Jamie Vardy up top, and they should have won at Chelsea. Bournemouth will sit in but want to counter-attack.”

What do you make of what Charlie Nicholas has predicted?

Let us know in the comments of our Facebook page!

You can also see what he had to say about each match and the odds by clicking HERE.

More in AFC Bournemouth