‘Championship club could go bust’ claims major BBC investigation – fans voice their worries

After reading up on the BBC investigation which claimed a ‘Championship club could go bust’, fans of various clubs gave their thoughts with some stating they were glad at the how their side were handling their finances…

@MarkAEverson: And for what end? Year 2 in the “promised land” and #bhafc have posted big losses. There is no big payback, it’s just clubs continuously overspending.

@ataraujo88: A salary cap needs to be introduced into the game at all levels to support and remove the possibility of clubs going under.

@PreMatchMeal: The money sloshing around in the @premierleague is grotesque. The haves and have nots then the parachute payments when the worst three are relegated. It’s bullshit.

@Kaden98329883: Credit to Our Owners @LUFC he’s never done what the Likes of QPR, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby have done which is spend money we Don’t have. I can see more and Clubs go under like Bury and Macclesfield.

@studavo36: Still don’t understand why the wealth of the premier league doesn’t feed the lower leagues more!

@CarrDutton: Right the way down the pyramid they are at it, spending more than clubs income just on paying players. Being funded by “businessmen” who somehow pass the pathetic “owners and directors test. Even criminals allowed to destroy clubs (Chester City, Hereford United). It’s got to stop

Pages: 1 2

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Mal

    12th December 2019 at 5:46 pm

    FFP, load of rubbish. Ok so a club is in financial difficulty, what a great idea to fine them.
    It’s all about stealing money from the clubs. The FFP is not fit for purpose.