“If you look at the overall performance, we shouldn’t have lost it. We created plenty of opportunities to win the game.

“Football can be cruel. We probably didn’t deal with the two moments they scored from well enough.

“They were playing physically, kicking long passes, getting set plays and having transition moments. We didn’t feel with those moments well enough and they cost us two goals.

“Still, if you look at the chances, this team did a lot of good things, we played with a great attitude and created the chances to win the game. It’s disappointing to lose a local derby in front of more than 20,000 fans at Ewood,” he added.

“We are creating a lot and we’re the team in the league that’s creating the biggest chances in the league.

“I’d like us to deal with the situations better where we give goals away.”