Wigan fan pledges to walk 58 miles backwards for charity after predicting surprise scoreline

A Wigan Athletic fan has pledged to walk 58 miles backwards for charity after he predicted that his team would beat Aston Villa 3-0 at the weekend.

The Latics supporters, Keiran Crompton, probably thought the scoreline wouldn’t come in as Wigan were without a win since the 28th of November and were up against a side they haven’t been able to beat at home since 2006.

But a surprise result at the DW Stadium on Saturday put an end to that record as Gary Roberts, Michael Jacobs and Joe Garner’s late penalty confirmed all three much needed points for Wigan and what will be a tough three days in April for Keiran.

The fan tweeted after the game: “I’m claiming credit for the result and the scoreline! Obviously! What a game, and I’m taking it as a prediction! Always happy to raise money for Joseph’s Goal.”

Keiran’s tweet caught the attention of Wigan Athletic and footballer Sam Morsy…

Keiran is now preparing for the huge walk with some fitness gear…

Football fans saw Keiran’s tweet and replied to him with many amusing comments as well as wishing him luck – take a look at what they had to say on the next page.