VIDEO: Huddersfield Town’s Juninho Bacuna scores 50-yard own goal on debut

Juninho Bacuna produced spectacular own goal last night as he made sure of Huddersfield Town’s Carabao Cup defeat to Stoke City but lobbing the keeper from 50 yards.

It came in the seventh minute of injury time with the Terriers throwing players forward as they pushed for an equaliser.

Bacuna attempted to launch the final attack by volleying the ball forward from just inside his own half.

However, he managed to slice it over keeper Jonas Lossl and towards his own goal.

Check out that moment on the video below…

When asked about the goal after the match, Huddersfield boss David Wagner said: “It was an extraordinary own goal for sure, but that wasn’t the biggest moment of the game for me.

“We have to be honest. Our attitude and effort is there, but we’ve lacked quality and the Stoke goalkeeper only had to use his hands once.

“Our decisions in the final third are not the right ones at the moment, but we will work hard to put this right. There is no doubt we have talent in this group, but we have to improve and progress as quickly as we can.”

The game also saw Saido Berahino end his run of 913 days without a goal as he got on the scoresheet to put them 1-0 up.

It’s been a dreadful start for Huddersfield who are still without a win this season after two defeats and a draw in their first three Premier League games.

As the footage was played out on Sky Sports, fans quickly took to social media to take the mickey out of the embarrassing own goal – check out the best tweets to it on the next page.