VIDEO: Famous 1980s Accrington milk advert recreated with Ian Rush

The famous milk advert from the 1980s has been remade, and in this newer version, legendary Liverpool striker Ian Rush makes an appearance.

Just like in the original ad, a young boy gets a mocking from his friend for drinking milk because it was what Rush drinks. He then adds “If I don’t drink lots of milk when I grow up, I’ll only be good enough to play for Accrington Stanley.

His friend asks “Accrington Stanley? Who are they?” before it followed by “Exactly!”, but this time Ian Rush makes a surprise feature.

He points out that “Actually lads this makes no sense, Accrington Stanley are in League One now.”

The milk-drinking boy says: “So they’re quite good then.”

Rush replies: “Exactly.”

Have a watch of the brilliant remake below…

The new 43 second video was created by Studio.co.uk who sponsor the newest stand at Accrington Stanley.

Chairman Andy Holt spoke of the advert, as quoted in the Lancashire Telegraph, he said: “We think it’s a great idea. It’s a bit of fun and reflects the success of the club which is at highest position since its re-founding.

“We have a sense of humour which we bring to our football. This is about promoting ‘Amazing Accrington’ including the club, and Studio. We hope it gets more people to support the team, buy their presents through Express Gifts and visit the town.”

Football fans took to give their thoughts on the remake, a fair few of those who commented remembered watching the original advert back in the day – take a look at what they are saying on the next page.