VIDEO: Bury player jumps on referee’s back when celebrating 95th minute equaliser

Bury player Danny Mayor has gone viral after he jumped on the referee’s back when he celebrated a late equaliser.

The hilarious moment, which didn’t resort to a booking, happened as Nicky Maynard made the scoreline level in the 95th minute against Mansfield Town earlier this month.

It was Maynard’s second goal of the game which earned a 2-2 draw for the Shakers, Mayor was so happy with it he decided to have a piggyback on official Scott Oldham.

Watch a video of that moment or see a photo below…

After the game, manager Ryan Lowe said that he was was disappointed not the get three points but was happy overall.

He added, “I said at half time I’ll always be a bit more harsh on my strikers, and we’re nearly there but I want us to be there at the end of the season.

“I want goals, goals, goals, and now we’re getting them.”

The Shakers now sit 9th in League Two, two points off Stevenage, who sit in the final playoff spot.

The viral photo of Danny Mayor caught much attention of social media users including Soccer AM would themselves have posted about it – check out what they’re saying on the next page.