Truro City will have to make 200-mile round trip for ‘home’ games

It has been revealed that National League South side Truro City have been told they need to get out of their ground by the 31st of July.

The club will share Plainmoor with league rivals Torquay United, just months after saying they would stay at their Treyew Road home.

In a statement Truro says: “We fully understand that a temporary move may be unpopular for some supporters, however, we would ask you to accept that this is a case of short-term pain for a long-term gain”.

The National League have approved the plan, which means Truro supporters face a journey between the Cornish capital and the Devon seaside resort that takes around two hours.

The club also wrote about other matters relating to the temporary move:

“Any person who has already purchased a season ticket for Treyew Road will be offered a full refund should they not wish to take up the opportunity of subsidised travel.

“We are now taking one almighty leap towards getting built a ‘state-of-the-art’ stadium here in Truro and importantly safeguarding the future of the Football Club playing in The National League South with the ambition of achieving Football League status here in Cornwall.”

Torquay United chairman Clarke Osborne in a statement said: “We have been discussing the possibility of Truro City joining us at Plainmoor for one season.”

“We would be delighted to welcome the team and their supporters whilst their new stadium is under construction.

“It will be a good experience for the operation of a multi-event arena that we hope will be the home of Torquay United in the not too distant future.”

Take a look at how supporters on social media reacted to this story on the next page.

Like what the Fan Banter have on offer? Sign up for more notifications!