Step 6 club get major name change months after they reversed from folding

It has been said on social media that Spartan South Midlands League Division One side Buckingham Town have renamed themselves.

Twitter user Craig Turnbull has stated that the new owners of the club have changed their name to Milton Keynes Robins (aka MK Robins).

They looked to have been folding at the end of the 2017–18 season. However, the decision was later reversed.

(above photo by Laurence Reade)

The club played at Ford Meadow from 1883 until being evicted at the end of the 2010–11 season. They then played at the Winslow Centre in Winslow for the 2011–12 season, before moving to Manor Fields in the Bletchley area of Milton Keynes.

When they moved to their latter home, they said: A statement from Buckingham Town said: “We knew our position at the Winslow Centre was only ever going to be short lived, and with the FA now tightening up on facilities at step six, we feel this move will give us the platform we need to compete at our current level while negotiations are ongoing regarding a return to Buckingham.

“When we heard that Manor Fields had been vacated we made enquiries and were quickly able to reach an agreement with the stadium owners. “Manor Fields has been inspected by the United Counties League and a list of work required to be done has been submitted to the club which we are currently wading through.

Football fans within the non league community have given their reaction, with some suggesting it was a good move with current situation and where they’re based, some however weren’t so sure on the name – take a look at what they had to say on the next page.