Plymouth manager frustrated after his side are handed 890 miles of travelling during festive period

Plymouth Argyle manager Derek Adams has admitted his frustration after seeing his side handed 890 miles of travelling over the festive period.

The League One side from Devon will face long trips away at AFC Wimbledon and Burton Albion on the 26th and 29th of December.

Speaking to the Plymouth Herald, Argyle boss Adams has expressed his disappointment at the considerable distances which his side must travel between Christmas and New Year.

“I think that we should have one at home and one away around that period of time” said Adams.

“I think having two away games on the 26th and 29th is very difficult, not only for the supporters but for the players as well.

“It doesn’t matter if we are home or away in terms of players having time off over Christmas but it does matter because we are on the road over that short period more than most clubs.”

Whilst the Pilgrims might start the 2018/19 season on the road, they will end it at Home Park for the first time in three years.

“We are delighted at that, we have had some very long journeys on the final day across the other end of the country,” said Adams.

“To be at home is beneficial.”

Take a look at the social media reaction to his comments and the fixtures during the festive period on the next page.