Petr Cech posts hilarious response to FIFA 19 headgear gaffe

Petr Cech wears a headgear for matches following a collision with Noel Hunt in 2006 and it isn’t unusual to see him with it in the FIFA games, however the makers of the newest version of the game appear to have taken the keeper’s requirement one step too far.

Bizarrely, FIFA 19 shows the keeper in contract negotiations wearing a smart looking suit but in his headgear also.

One gamer uploaded a screen grab on social media of the Arsenal stopper pictured alongside his agent, which one user claimed looking like Prince Charles…

Cech himself became aware of it and couldn’t resist a joke, he said: “It’s wrong guys… I’d wear a tie.”

Back in 2015, Cech spoke that he wish he could have the headgear off, “I would be more confident if I had it off. If you like it or not, the helmet affects your surroundings. You have your ears covered and it makes hearing worse. But the doctor has forbidden me to take off the helmet. If I did, I would not pay insurance.”

FIFA 19 is released in the United Kingdom today.

The image from the game has gone viral, some criticised the makers of the game, others found it a chance to say some hilarious – check out those tweets and more reaction from football fans on the next page.