Notts County sack manager 10 weeks after being appointed

Fair to the sacking season is full swing, Notts County have confirmed the sacking of Harry Kewell, just 10 weeks after he was appointed.

Kewell left Crawley Town to take over from Kevin Nolan on 31 August on a three-year contract but after winning only three of his 14 matches at the League Two club, leaving them in 22nd place, he’s been axed.

CLUB STATEMENT:

Owner and chairman Alan Hardy says, “Harry’s passion and commitment as a coach is unquestionable.

“I enjoyed seeing first-hand his love for the job and it gives me absolutely no pleasure to take that away from him.

“Unfortunately, however, things quite simply were not working out for him here at Meadow Lane.

“Results have not been good enough and performance levels are a continuing concern. We see no reason to continue with something we don’t think can work.

“Harry leaves with our best wishes for the future and our search for a new manager begins immediately.

“We hope to make an appointment before Saturday’s Sky Bet League Two match at home to Cheltenham Town.”

Steve Chettle will take charge of first-team affairs in the meantime.

Supporters of Notts County have given their thoughts on the sacking and had plenty to say about Alan Hardy – take a look at what they are saying on the next page.