“Man City of the Championship” – Charlton fans praise 22-pass goal

Charlton Athletic supporters have been in heaps of praise after watching their side making 22 passes before going on to score during their midweek clash.

The Addicks took on Nottingham Forest in what played out to a 1-1 draw, though much of the talk from the game was the goal Lee Bowyer’s side produced.

Watch it for yourself below…

Albert Adomah managed to net his first goal for Nottingham Forest roughly 10 minutes before the full tiem whistle to salvage a point.

The result sees Charlton sit in 5th with eight points from their opening four matches, though for Forest, they sit 13th having come away with five points.

Charlton boss Lee Bowyer: “I said to them at half-time that that was the best 45 minutes I have witnessed since I have been in charge. We were frightening and created numerous chances and should have been two or three up.

“We suffered at the end because we got tired. We are all disappointed but I am proud because to put in a performance like that, in and out of possession, was great to watch.

“You can get punished easily and Forest score a goal from a corner that hits someone and drops down.

“Did they deserve to get a point? I don’t think so but if you don’t take your chances there is always a chance that can happen.”

Forest manager Sabri Lamouchi told BBC Radio Nottingham: “We are lucky to get one point because they played much better than us, especially in the first half – more quickly, more aggressive, more compact.

“We were lucky to be just one goal down. The performance was not like four days ago.

“It was not before 40 minutes that we made more than three passes, so we played very badly.”

Take a look at what the fans made of the well worked goal on the next page.

Like what the Fan Banter have on offer? Sign up for more Championship notifications!