After losing to mid-table Stevenage, which saw Wycombe claim the third promotion spot, Exeter City fans want manager Paul Tisdale to resign.
The Grecians sit fourth and will be competing in the League Two playoffs for the second successive season, but that’s still not enough for their supporters.
Check out a video of the fighting and shouting (09:40 onwards) below…
The fans have a strained relationship with the boss. In his 11 years in charge, Tisdale has won two promotions and taken City to Wembley three times.
League history with Paul Tisdale in charge:
– 5th, National League (Lost Playoff Final to Morecambe) (2006/07)
– 4th, National League (Won Playoff Final against Cambridge) (2007/08)
– 2nd, League Two (promoted) (2008/09)
– 18th, League One (2009/10)
– 8th, League One (2010/11)
– 23rd, League One (relegated) (2011/12)
– 10th, League Tow (2012/13)
– 16th, League Two (2013/14)
– 10th, League Two (2014/15)
– 14th, League Two (2015/16)
– 5th, League Two (Lost Playoff Final to Blackpool) (2016/17)
Their shouts of abuse directed at the manager on Saturday led to him retaliating with a gesture of his own. Fans the argued amongst themselves and there are reports that a player was also verbally abused.
Speaking about the 1,000 or so fans that travelled, Tisdale said: “They wanted to win, they were desperate to win,
“I thought they were classy from the first until the last.”
Take a look at the fan reaction to the allegations on the next page.Like what the Fan Banter have on offer? Sign up for more notifications!
Pages: 1 2