David Prutton’s Championship score predictions

David Prutton’s Championship score predictions have been revealed this week, and he’s got plenty to say on each of the fixtures.

The former Nottingham Forest, Southampton, Leeds, Swindon, Sheffield Wednesday, and England U21 footballer who currently works as a presenter, pundit, and commentator has given his thoughts on the outcome of all twelve Championship matches.

After looking at the majority of his predictions, it’s found that last season he was mostly accurate and that if you put the scores he’s gone with into a table, it is was similar to the Championship table. See what he scores he went with below…

Coventry vs Birmingham

There tend to be goals in Coventry games this season, particularly the ones we’ve shown on Sky Sports!

You’ve also got the added intrigue of the fact it’s a ‘home’ game for Coventry at St Andrew’s.

For Birmingham the international break may have come at the right time after back-to-back defeats.

They’re not keeping a huge amount of clean sheets for an Aitor Karanka side, so I’ll go for an entertaining draw here.

Prutton predicts: 2-2

Bournemouth vs Reading

Bournemouth are starting to kick on now.

They are one of the few sides left in the Championship that are unbeaten at home, which is quite a big deal this season.

It will be interesting to see what Veljko Paunovic will have tweaked to get them back on track – although they are still top going into the weekend! Home win here for me.

Prutton predicts: 2-1

Bristol City vs Derby

Bristol City come into this one in good form after a couple of wins.

I’ve been impressed so far with Dean Holden this season, although they have had to contend with having their training ground closed for most of the week.

I’m intrigued to see what happens next at Derby.

If this takeover goes through it will be interesting to see what happens with Wayne Rooney, and it will be fascinating to see how they set up on Saturday following Phillip Cocu’s departure.

Prutton predicts: 2-1

Millwall vs Cardiff

It feels like I’m saying similar things about Millwall every week, but they are just generally a consistent side.

Neil Harris has built a very competitive side, and Harry Wilson and Kieffer Moore both had a positive international break with Wales.

They look to be cranking into gear, but Millwall are doing very nicely indeed. Score draw here for me.

Prutton predicts: 2-2

Preston vs Sheffield Wednesday

Preston can’t seem to get going at home.

They have lost all five at Deepdale this campaign and appear to be suffering without fans more than anyone.

It’s Tony Pulis time at Sheffield Wednesday, and it’s no secret at this point what he brings to a side.

I am predicting a rare goalless draw, which in a way I think both teams would take.

Prutton predicts: 0-0

QPR vs Watford

QPR are just about where they always seem to be, in lower mid-table.

Getting some good results and throwing away points elsewhere.

Watford feel like they’re building up a head of steam now.

They’ve got one of the best squads in this league right now and they should be where they are. I’m leaning towards the visitors.

Prutton predicts: 1-2

Barnsley vs Nottingham Forest

David Prutton has predicted that this match will play out to a 1-0 win for Nottingham Forest.

Chris Hughton’s side continued their improved recent form before the international break, beating Wycombe 2-0 at home.

Barnsley also pulled off a win when they face Derby last time out, winning 2-0 which turned out to be Phillip Cocu‘s last game at Pride Park.

Barnsley: 16th – played 11 – won 3 – drew 4 – lost 4 – 13 points
N Forest: 20th – played 11 – won 3 – drew 3 – lost 5 –12 points

Luton vs Blackburn

David Prutton has predicted that this match will play out to a 2-0 home win for Luton Town.

Nathan Jones’ side could only draw 1-1 away to Huddersfield Town a few weeks back following a decent start to the season.

Blackburn Rovers however pulled off a 3-1 win against Queens Park Rangers.

Luton: 10th – played 11 – won 5 – drew 2 – lost 4 – 17 points
Blackburn: 12th – played 11 – won 4 – drew 2 – lost 5 – 14 points

Middlesbrough vs Norwich

David Prutton has predicted that this match will play out to a 2-2 draw between the two sides.

Neil Warnock’s men travelled to Brentford in their league fixture, a drew a goalless 0-0.

Norwich however hosted and beat Swansea City 1-0 to maintain their good start to the 2020/21 campaign.

Middlesbrough: 7th – played 11 – won 4 – drew 6 – lost 1 – 18 points
Norwich: 3rd – played 11 – won 6 – drew 3 – lost 2 – 21 points

Stoke vs Huddersfield

David Prutton has predicted that this match will play out to a 2-0 Stoke City win.

The Potters came away from league leaders Reading with a surprise 3-0 win last time out.

Carlos Corboran’s Huddersfield could only draw 1-1 with Luton, however it’s a decent start considering how worrying it was last season.

Stoke: 8th – played 11 – won 5 – drew 3 – lost 3 – 18 points
Huddersfield: 13th – played 11 – won 4 – drew 2 – lost 5 – 14 points

Swansea vs Rotherham

David Prutton has predicted that this match will play out to a 1-0 victory for hosts Swansea City.

Swansea City lost 1-0 to Norwich City before the international break, yet Steve Cooper’s side still remain in the playoff places.

Rotherham however managed to beat Preston 2-1 to keep them out of the relegation zone.

Swansea: 6th – played 11 – won 5 – drew 4 – lost 2 – 19 points
Rotherham: 19th – played 11 – won 3 – drew 3 – lost 5 – 12 points

Wycombe vs Brentford

David Prutton has predicted that this match will play out to a 1-1 draw.

Gareth Ainsworth’s side travelled to the City Ground a few weeks back, only to lose 2-0.

Thomas Frank’s Brentford could only draw 0-0 against Middlesbrough in a patchy start to the season.

Wycombe: 6th – played 11 – won 2 – drew 1 – lost 8 – 7 points
Brentford: 19th – played 11 – won 4 – drew 4 – lost 5 – 16 points

What do you make of David Prutton’s EFL Championship score predictions for the upcoming weekend? Let us know by commenting below!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38