David Prutton’s Championship score predictions

David Prutton’s Championship score predictions have been revealed this week, and he’s got plenty to say on each of the fixtures.

The former Nottingham Forest, Southampton, Leeds, Swindon, Sheffield Wednesday, and England U21 footballer who currently works as a presenter, pundit, and commentator has given his thoughts on the outcome of all twelve Championship matches.

After looking at the majority of his predictions, it’s found that last season he was mostly accurate and that if you put the scores he’s gone with into a table, it is was similar to the Championship table. See what he scores he went with below…

Barnsley vs Brentford

Barnsley fans might have been unsure what to expect when Valerien Ismael walked through the door at Oakwell last month but they certainly know now.

Since his first game, against QPR, on October 27, the Frenchman has guided the Tykes to four wins from five games, keeping four clean sheets along the way.

They face a Brentford side who are in the midst of a disappointing spell of draws and drew a blank against Wycombe at the weekend.

This one will be close but I think the fabled new manager ‘bounce’ will see the hosts through.

Prutton predicts: 1-0

Bournemouth vs Nottingham Forest

I couldn’t believe it when I saw Bournemouth’s incredible second-half fightback against Reading!

I said last week that they were kicking on and I feel that win will really boost their confidence heading into the next month.

Forest are still in the early stages of the Chris Hughton era and while they are showing signs of gradual improvement, they are still much closer to the relegation zone than they might have hoped. Home win here, for me.

Prutton predicts: 2-1

Stoke City vs Norwich City

Michael O’Neill has got Stoke scoring for fun at the moment.

But though their 4-3 win over Huddersfield was a feast for the neutral it highlighted the fact they’ve got work to do at the back in order to be challenging at the top end of the table.

Up at Carrow Road, Norwich are quickly picking up momentum, too, and sit atop the table as a result.

They’ve been going about their business relatively quiet and are on an eight-match unbeaten run going into this game, having kept three successive clean sheets.

I’m looking forward to this one – score draw.

Prutton predicts: 2-2

Bristol City vs Watford

October was a month to forget for City fans, as they followed up a win over Nottingham Forest with three defeats and two draws to drop from first to 10th.

Dean Holden’s men have put that behind them and come into the game off the back of three straight wins.

Watford are, as expected, still right in the mix for the top six but it’s largely thanks to their home form.

While they have won five of their six games at Vicarage Road, on the road they have taken just six points from six games. I think they may just sneak one more here.

Prutton predicts: 2-2

Swansea vs Sheffield Wednesday

I’ve said it before but I’m really impressed with how Swansea have dealt with last season’s play-off semi-final disappointment.

They’ve lingered around the top six throughout the first few months of this season and only lost two games, both of which have been by a one-goal margin.

Tony Pulis’ return to management ended in a narrow 1-0 defeat to Preston at the weekend, which kept Wednesday in the bottom three.

I don’t think it’ll be too long before they start picking up regular points again, but I can’t see it here.

Prutton predicts: 2-1

Middlesbrough vs Derby

Boro once again highlighted just how defensively sound they are against Norwich, despite going down to a late Teemu Pukki penalty.

It was a goal that prevented Neil Warnock’s side keeping a fifth successive clean sheet, though conceding one in five games is pretty good going.

Phillip Cocu may have left Pride Park over the international break yet Derby are still in freefall.

The Rams haven’t won a game since October 3 and are rooted to the bottom of the table.

The fact Middlesbrough rarely concede goals, coupled with the fact Derby can’t score at the moment, points to this being a very tight affair and one I think the hosts will edge.

Prutton predicts: 1-0

Luton Town vs Birmingham

David Prutton has predicted that this fixture will see these two will only end up drawing 1-1.

The Hatters could only draw 1-1 with Blackburn at the weekend, whilst also drew 0-0 against Coventry on Friday night.

Luton: 10th – played 12 – won 5 – drew 3 – lost 4 –18 points
Birmingham: 17th – played 12 – won 3 – drew 5 – lost 4 – 14 points

QPR vs Rotherham

David Prutton has predicted that this fixture will see Queens Park Rangers come away winning this with a 1-0 scoreline.

Mark Warburton’s side drew 1-1 with high flyers Watford last time out, whereas Rotherham lost 1-0 against Swansea.

QPR: 18th – played 12 – won 3 – drew 5 – lost 4 – 14 points
Rotherham: 19th – played 12 – won 3 – drew 3 – lost 6 – 12 points

Preston vs Blackburn Rovers

David Prutton has predicted that this fixture will see these two will only end up drawing 1-1.

Alex Neil’s men managed to beat second from bottom club Sheffield Wednesday by just one goal on Saturday, Blackburn could only draw 1-1 with Luton.

Preston: 12th – played 12 – won 5 – drew 1 – lost 6 – 16 points
Blackburn: 14th – played 12 – won 4 – drew 3 – lost 5 – 15 points

Wycombe vs Huddersfield

David Prutton has predicted that this fixture will see these two will only end up drawing 1-1.

Gareth Ainsworth’s side endured a goalless draw with last season’s playoff finalists, whereas the Terriers lost a thrilling game 4-3.

Wycombe: 22nd – played 12 – won 2 – drew 2 – lost 8 – 8 points
Huddersfield: 16th – played 12 – won 4 – drew 2 – lost 6 – 14 points

Coventry City vs Cardiff City

David Prutton has predicted that this fixture will see these two will only end up drawing 0-0.

Coventry drew 0-0 against Birmingham last Friday, and it was a score draw against their next opponents Cardiff, who’s last game finished 1-1 against Millwall.

Coventry: 21st – played 12 – won 2 – drew 3 – lost 7 – 9 points
Cardiff: 15th – played 12 – won 3 – drew 5 – lost 4 – 14 points

Millwall vs Reading

David Prutton has predicted that this fixture will see Millwall come away winning this with a 2-1 scoreline.

Neil Harris’ side drew 1-1 with Cardiff on Saturday, Reading however were knocked off top place and fell to 6th following a 4-2 defeat despite leading 2-0 against Bournemouth.

Millwall: 9th – played 12 – won 4 – drew 6 – lost 2 – 18 points
Reading: 6th – played 12 – won 7 – drew 1 – lost 4 – 22 points

What do you make of David Prutton’s EFL Championship score predictions for the upcoming weekend? Let us know by commenting below!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38