David Prutton’s Championship score predictions

David Prutton’s Championship score predictions have been revealed this week, and he’s got plenty to say on each of the fixtures.

The former Nottingham Forest, Southampton, Leeds, Swindon, Sheffield Wednesday, and England U21 footballer who currently works as a presenter, pundit, and commentator has given his thoughts on the outcome of all twelve Championship matches.

After looking at the majority of his predictions, it’s found that last season he was mostly accurate and that if you put the scores he’s gone with into a table, it is was similar to the Championship table. See what he scores he went with below…

Brentford vs QPR

It’s looking like a nicely-poised west London derby on Friday night.

Given where these two teams are it’s got all the makings of a cracking game.

Given QPR’s penchant for conceding goals, and the for Ivan Toney – who made the difference again for Brentford in midweek – is in, I think this will be an entertaining game. Plenty of goals and a home win.

Brentford: 9th – played 13 – won 5 – drew 5 – lost 3 – 20 points
QPR: 13th – played 13 – won 4 – drew 5 – lost 4 – 17 points

Prutton predicts: 3-2

Reading vs Bristol City

It was huge for Reading to get a point and end that losing run. It was imperative from a confidence point of view.

They’ve got some really talented players going forward, still, and could cause Bristol City problems.

City got an attritional point against Watford in midweek, and will provide a real test for the Royals.

In fact, I think they’ll come away with all three points.

Reading: 6th – played 13 – won 7 – drew 2 – lost 4 – 23 points
Bristol City: 3rd – played 13 – won 7 – drew 3 – lost 3 – 24 points

Prutton predicts: 1-2

Norwich vs Coventry

Norwich are in a rich vein of form and certainly aren’t top by luck at this point.

It won’t help not having Emi Buendia after his sending off, but Teemu Pukki seems to have gotten into gear.

Coventry needed to find a system which kept the opposition out as they were conceding too many goals.

Two clean sheets in a row suggests Mark Robins has done that.

This is a bigger challenge, though. I can’t see past a Norwich win.

Norwich: 1st – played 13 – won 8 – drew 3 – lost 2 – 27 points
Coventry: 21st – played 13 – won 3 – drew 3 – lost 7 – 12 points

Prutton predicts: 2-1

Rotherham vs Bournemouth

Rotherham have lost four from their last five, and even Paul Warne would admit they go into most Championship games as underdogs.

This is going to be tough.

I’ve watched Bournemouth closely in the last couple of weeks and they’ve just got so many players who can turn it on, whether it be David Brooks, Junior Stanislas, Dominic Solanke or Arnaut Danjuma. The list goes on. Cherries win for me.

Rotherham: 19th – played 13 – won 3 – drew 3 – lost 7 – 12 points
Bournemouth: 2nd – played 13 – won 7 – drew 5 – lost 1 – 26 points

Prutton predicts: 1-2

Watford vs Preston

Watford had players unavailable in midweek against Bristol City due to the coronavirus, but still ground out a decent result in tough circumstances. Their squad has real depth to it.

Preston as we know are very good on the road.

They might be tired after playing for so long against Blackburn in midweek, but I think this could be a more balanced game. I’ll go for a draw.

Watford: 5th – played 13 – won 6 – drew 5 – lost 2 – 23 points
Preston: 15th – played 13 – won 5 – drew 1 – lost 7 – 16 points

Prutton predicts: 1-1

Nottingham Forest vs Swansea City

Nottingham Forest had a few half-chances against Bournemouth, but were simply outclassed by the Cherries overall.

Lyle Taylor didn’t get an awful lot of service up top, and that’s something they need to work on.

Swansea are ticking along nicely.

Their recent record at the City Ground isn’t but, but they look confident and they will fancy this one. I think it will be a draw.

Nottingham Forest: 20th – played 13 – won 3 – drew 3 – lost 7 – 12 points
Swansea City: 4th – played 13 – won 6 – drew 5 – lost 2 – 23 points

Prutton predicts: 1-1

Birmingham vs Millwall

David Prutton has predicted that this game between the two sides will finish in a 1-1 draw.

Birmingham drew 1-1 with Luton in midweek whilst Millwall could also only get a draw by the same scoreline against Reading.

Birmingham: 17th – played 13 – won 3 – drew 6 – lost 4 – 15 points
Millwall: 10th – played 13 – won 4 – drew 7 – lost 2 – 19 points

Blackburn vs Barnsley

David Prutton has predicted that this game between the two sides will finish in a 2-2 draw.

The Rovers picked up a 3-0 win against Preston North End on Tuesday whilst Barnsley lost 1-0 at home to Brentford.

Blackburn: 12th – played 13 – won 5 – drew 3 – lost 5 – 18 points
Barnsley: 14th – played 13 – won 4 – drew 4 – lost 5 – 16 points

Cardiff vs Luton

David Prutton has predicted that this game between the two sides will finish in a 1-1 draw.

Cardiff City lost 1-0 at home to Coventry City in midweek whilst Luton Town also picked up just a point against Birmingham City.

Cardiff: 17th – played 13 – won 3 – drew 6 – lost 4 – 15 points
Luton: 11th – played 13 – won 5 – drew 4 – lost 4 – 19 points

Derby vs Wycombe

David Prutton has predicted that this game between the two sides will finish in a 1-0 Derby win.

The Rams continued their miserable form with a 3-0 defeat at Middlesbrough in midweek, whilst Wycombe drew 0-0 with Huddersfield.

Derby: 24th – played 13 – won 1 – drew 3 – lost 9 – 6 points
Wycombe: 22nd – played 13 – won 2 – drew 3 – lost 8 – 9 points

Huddersfield vs Middlesbrough

David Prutton has predicted that this game between the two sides will finish in a 2-0 Middlesbrough win.

Carlos Corboran’s side ended up drawing 0-0 against Wycombe last time out whilst Middlesbrough beat Derby 3-0.

Huddersfield: 16th – played 13 – won 4 – drew 3 – lost 6 – 15 points
Middlesbrough: 7th – played 13 – won 5 – drew 6 – lost 2 – 21 points

Sheffield Wednesday vs Stoke

David Prutton has predicted that this game between the two sides will finish in a 1-1 draw.

In the previous game, Sheffield Wednesday could only draw 1-1 away to Swansea City whilst Stoke lost 3-2 at home to Norwich.

Sheffield Wed: 23rd – played 13 – won 3 – drew 4 – lost 6 – 7 points
Stoke: 8th – played 13 – won 6 – drew 3 – lost 4 – 21 points

What do you make of David Prutton’s EFL Championship score predictions for the upcoming weekend? Let us know by commenting below or over on our Facebook page by clicking HERE!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38