David Prutton’s Championship score predictions

David Prutton’s Championship score predictions have been revealed this week, and yet again he’s proving to be controversial.

The former Nottingham Forest, Southampton, Leeds, Swindon, Sheffield Wednesday, and England U21 footballer who currently works as a presenter, pundit, and commentator has given his thoughts on the outcome of Championship matches.

After looking at the majority of his predictions, it’s found that last season he was mostly accurate and that if you put the scores he’s gone with into a table, it is was similar to the Championship table. See what he scores he went with below…

Middlesbrough vs Birmingham

Middlesbrough are in a decent stretch of form in the Championship. That FA Cup defeat at Brentford last week won’t bother Neil Warnock too much at all.

Birmingham are on a bad run. Will a return to the Riverside inspire Aitor Karanka? I can’t see it if I’m honest.

Middlesbrough: 7th – played 22 – won 10 – drew 6 – lost 6 – 36 points
Birmingham: 19th – played 23 – won 5 – drew 8 – lost 10 – 23 points

Prutton predicts: 2-0

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Cardiff vs Norwich

Cardiff’s recent run of form has been sticky. Neil Harris needs to turn things around soon, but he likely couldn’t have asked for a tougher fixture.

Norwich what we’ve seen where they are. they’ve been and done it before. they are the Championship leaders for a reason, its a cliché but i think they’ll show their credentials in this one as well.

Cardiff: 15th – played 22 – won 8 – drew 5 – lost 9 – 29 points
Norwich: 1st – played 23 – won 14 – drew 5 – lost 4 – 47 points

Prutton predicts: 0-2

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Derby vs Rotherham

A huge game near the bottom of the table. Both these sides start in the relegation zone and in real need of a win.

The Chorley defeat won’t have much impact on Derby for obvious reasons. But the takeover talk and everything else going on behind the scenes may do. Rotherham lost at Everton but it was a morale-boosting FA Cup performance for them. I’ll back a draw here.

Derby: 22nd – played 22 – won 4 – drew 7 – lost 11 – 19 points
Rotherham: 23rd – played 20 – won 4 – drew 4 – lost 12 – 16 points

Prutton predicts: 1-1

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Watford vs Huddersfield

One win, one defeat for Xisco Munoz at Watford so far in the Championship. But he’s had a tough start against Norwich and Swansea in his first two games. Their home record has been good this season, and he will want to maintain that.

Huddersfield are ticking along under Carlos Corberan. They can give anyone a game, but their inconsistency is why they find themselves in mid-table. I think this should just go the way of Watford.

Watford: 6th – played 22 – won 10 – drew 7 – lost 5 – 37 points
Huddersfield: 3th – played 23 – won 9 – drew 4 – lost 10 – 31 points

Prutton predicts: 1-0

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Barnsley vs Swansea

With a couple of weeks to reflect since these two last played in the Championship it is just worth noting how well they are both doing and how much they have both impressed me. Barnsley, under Valerien Ismael, have been very easy on the eye, and we all know what Steve Cooper has done with Swansea.

This has all the makings of a very good game. Barnsley aren’t too far off the play-offs and Swansea start the weekend in the top two. It is all to play for. I think there will be a few goals, and I think the Swans may just edge it.

Barnsley: 9th – played 23 – won 10 – drew 4 – lost 9 – 34 points
Swansea: 2nd – played 23 – won 12 – drew 7 – lost 4 – 43 points

Prutton predicts: 2-3

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Blackburn vs Stoke

The score prediction that David Prutton has predicted for this Championship fixture is a 2-0 win in favour of Stoke City.

In the last game the two side’s played out, the Potters ended up losing 4-0 at home to Leicester in the FA Cup whilst Blackburn lost 1-0 against Doncaster.

Blackburn: 11th – played 23 – won 9 – drew 5– lost 9 – 32 points
Stoke: 8th – played 23 – won 9 – drew 8 – lost 6 – 35 points

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Bournemouth vs Luton

The score prediction that David Prutton has predicted for this Championship fixture is a 2-1 win in favour of AFC Bournemouth.

In the last game the two side’s played out, the Cherries won 4-1 against Oldham, whereas Luton beat Reading 1-0.

Bournemouth: 3rd – played 23 – won11 – drew 9 – lost 3 – 42 points
Luton: 14th – played 23 – won 8 – drew 6 – lost 9 – 30 points

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Bristol City vs Preston

The score prediction that David Prutton has predicted for this Championship fixture is a 1-0 win in favour of Preston North End.

In the last game the two side’s played out, Bristol City came out victorious beating Portsmouth 2-1 in the FA Cup. Preston however were hammered 4-1 against Wycombe.

Bristol City: 10th – played 22 – won 10 – drew 3 – lost 9 – 33 points
Preston: 12th – played 23 – won 10 – drew 2 – lost 11 – 32 points

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Nottingham Forest vs Millwall

The score prediction that David Prutton has predicted for this Championship fixture is a 1-1 draw between the two sides.

In the last game the two side’s played out, the Reds managed to beat Cardiff 1-0, whereas Millwall came away from Boreham Wood with a 2-0 win.

N Forest: 20th – played 23 – won 5 – drew 7 – lost 11 – 22 points
Millwall: 16th – played 22 – won 5 – drew 11 – lost 6 – 26 points

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

What do you make of David Prutton’s EFL Championship score predictions for the upcoming weekend? Let us know by commenting below!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38