David Prutton’s Championship score predictions

David Prutton’s Championship score predictions have been revealed this week, and as usual it’s got plenty of people talking.

The former Nottingham Forest, Southampton, Leeds, Swindon, Sheffield Wednesday, and England U21 footballer who currently works as a presenter, pundit, and commentator has given his thoughts on the outcome of Championship matches.

After looking at the majority of his predictions, it’s found that last season he was mostly accurate and that if you put the scores he’s gone with into a table, it is was similar to the Championship table. See what he scores he went with below…

Swansea vs Norwich

This is a big game! Maybe one of the biggest in the Championship season so far. Swansea should come into this in full confidence given what we have seen from them and the work they did in the transfer window. They are nicely poised.

The goals have dried up for Norwich a little. They are still missing Emi Buendia and tend to struggle without him. I’m going for a home win that will really tighten the race at the top right up.

Swansea: 3rd – played 26 – won 14 – drew 8 – lost 4 – 50 points
Norwich: 1st – played 27 – won 16 – drew 7 – lost 4 – 55 points

Prutton predicts: 2-1

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Coventry vs Watford

Despite where these two teams are in the league this is a tough one to call. Coventry lost against Nottingham Forest but were extremely good in parts in that game.

Watford have not been great away all season. And they won’t be feeling particularly confident after throwing away a lead to lose at home to QPR on Monday night. I think this will be a draw.

Coventry: 18th – played 27 – won 7 – drew 9 – lost 11 – 30 points
Watford: 5th – played 27 – won 13 – drew 8 – lost 6 – 47 points

Prutton predicts: 1-1

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Bournemouth vs Birmingham

We know how hard it is for a team to go straight back up after relegation. Even with a good squad it is never a foregone conclusion, but the run was poor under Jason Tindall. It will be intriguing who the next man is through the door. And Jonathan Woodgate is there to take caretaker charge.

Birmingham are struggling. Confidence looks low and they could easily be in the relegation zone were it not for sides below them having games postponed. Having said that, I think Aitor Karanka could easily frustrate the home side. I could see a way this game goes all three ways, so I’ll sit on the fence and go for a draw.

Bournemouth: 6th – played 27 – won 11 – drew 9 – lost 7 – 42 points
Birmingham: 21st – played 27 – won 6 – drew 10 – lost 11 – 28 points

Prutton predicts: 1-1

Millwall vs Sheffield Wednesday

This game has a recent history of goalless draws. But with both sides needing a win I feel like this will be different. Millwall are drifting along and need to snap out of a run of draws.

I’m positive about Sheffield Wednesday’s hopes of survival, and that was a big win at Bournemouth in midweek. If they can keep providing for Jordan Rhodes then I think they could claim another three points here.

Millwall: 14th – played 27 – won 6 – drew 14 – lost 7 – 32 points
Sheff Wed: 23rd – played 26 – won 8 – drew 7 – lost 11 – 25* points

Prutton predicts: 1-2

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Stoke vs Reading

You wonder how different this season could have been for Stoke if Tyrese Campbell had stayed fit. They have done some interesting January business, but I think the top six will be a big ask unless they get a move on.

Reading’s record over recent years hasn’t been great, but they are a different prospect altogether this season. I think they have more than enough in attack to claim all three points here.

Stoke: 10th – played 27 – won 9 – drew 11 – lost 7 – 38 points
Reading: 4th – played 26 – won 14 – drew 5 – lost 7 – 47 points

Prutton predicts: 1-2

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Wycombe vs Nottingham Forest

This is a big game near the bottom. Wycombe have games in hand on all the sides they are chasing but three wins all season suggests they are far from guaranteed points. It won’t be a lack of fight that lets them down.

Nottingham Forest are still precariously close to the bottom three. But they have done solid business in the window and I expect them to continue to climb away. Away win.

Wycombe: 24th – played 25 – won 3 – drew 7 – lost 15 – 16 points
Nott’m Forest: 19th – played 27 – won 7 – drew 8 – lost 12 – 29 points

Prutton predicts: 1-2

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Barnsley vs Derby

The score prediction that David Prutton has predicted for this Championship fixture is a 1-1 draw between the two sides.

In the last game the two sides played out in the league, Derby were on the end of a 3-0 defeat against Rotherham in midweek. Barnsley drew 0-0 against Nottingham Forest, but last weekend.

Barnsley: 12th – played 27 – won 10 – drew 6 – lost 11 – 36 points
Derby: 20th – played 27 – won 7 – drew 7 – lost 11 – 28 points

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Bristol City vs Cardiff

The score prediction that David Prutton has predicted for this Championship fixture is a 2-1 win in favour of Cardiff.

In the last game the two sides played out in the league, Bristol City lost 3-2 against Brentford, and Cardiff drew 1-1 with Millwall.

Bristol City: 9th – played 27 – won 12 – drew 3 – lost 12 – 39 points
Cardiff: 16th – played 26 – won 8 – drew 7 – lost 11 – 31 points

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Luton vs Huddersfield

The score prediction that David Prutton has predicted for this Championship fixture is a 1-1 draw between the two sides.

In the last game the two sides played out in the league, Luton lost 1-0 away to Blackburn,  Huddersfield however drew 1-1 with Stoke.

Luton: 13th – played 26 – won 9 – drew 6 – lost 11 – 33 points
Huddersfield: 15th – played 27 – won 9 – drew 5 – lost 13 – 32 points

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Middlesbrough vs Brentford

The score prediction that David Prutton has predicted for this Championship fixture is a 2-1 win in favour of Brentford.

In the last game the two sides played out in the league, Middlesbrough drew 0-0 with Norwich, Brentford beat Bristol City 3-2.

M’boro: 7th – played 27 – won 11 – drew 7 – lost 9 – 40 points
Brentford: 2nd – played 26 – won 14 – drew 9 – lost 3 – 51 points

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Preston vs Rotherham

The score prediction that David Prutton has predicted for this Championship fixture is a 2-1 win in favour of Rotherham.

In the last game the two sides played out in the league, Preston lost 1-0 against Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham hit three past Derby and kept a cleansheet.

Preston: 11th – played 27 – won 11 – drew 3 – lost 13 – 36 points
Rotherham: 22nd – played 25 – won 7 – drew 5 – lost 13 – 26 points

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

QPR vs Blackburn

The score prediction that David Prutton has predicted for this Championship fixture is a 2-1 win in favour of Blackburn.

In the last game the two sides played out in the league, Queens Park Rangers beat Watford 2-1, Blackburn beat Luton 1-0.

QPR: 17th – played 26 – won 7 – drew 9 – lost 10 – 30 points
Blackburn: 8th – played 26 – won 11 – drew 6 – lost 9 – 39 points

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 20-risk-free-640x100-1-1024x160.jpg

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38