Chester gifted £1million as fan donation is agreed

National League North side Chester have been gifted £1million thanks to entrepreneur Stuart Murphy.

Stuart has committed to helping Chester Football Club for a period of three years, during which time he is to donate the sum of one million pounds, the majority of which will be allocated to infrastructure improvements that will enable the club to increase its overall sustainability.

Speaking about this opportunity Stuart added: “I am really delighted to be able to join forces with the Board and supporters at Chester FC. This gives me a great opportunity to give something back to the City of Chester and to the football club that I care for so much.

“I have lots of ideas to move the club forward positively and I can’t wait to get started. There is much to do, but I am confident that together we can now start to write a new and far more positive chapter in the history of Chester FC.”

Responding, David Harrington Wright, the Chair of Chester FC added: “I am so pleased for everyone that we have been given this opportunity. I know that Stuart is brimming with ideas and we are so grateful to him for this generous donation and for his skill, expertise and time that he will commit to help our club.

“This is a one off chance for everyone at Chester Football Club. If we all pull together, we can really make it work.”

Take a look at the social media reaction on the next page.

Pages: 1 2

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. William henry nuttall

    20th June 2018 at 1:31 am

    at last some joy in a forgettable sad year for the club. looking good for the title this season thank you