Bradford City appoint their fourth manager in 2018

Bradford City have appointed David Hopkin as the new head coach after they sacked Michael Collins last night.

Hopkin left Scottish Premiership side Livingston, after helping them to two promotions before rejecting a contract extension in May.

In the club statement, Hopkin said: “I am absolutely delighted to be joining the Bantams and cannot wait to get started”

“This is a huge opportunity for me. We have a talented squad and I am looking forward to working with the players and staff.

“The club is ambitious and so am I. Although my time as a player here was cut short by injury, I enjoyed my stay and took away some great memories.

“Our supporters are extremely passionate and I want to give them a team and performances they can be proud of.”

Chairman Edin Rahic added: “We are very pleased to welcome David to the club.

“David received a great deal of admiration for his success in Scotland, with Livingston.

“He is very passionate about our club and is excited to be in charge.”

Hopkin becomes the fourth manager to be appointed in 2018, Stuart McCall was sacked in February before Simon Grayson left the club at the end of the season when his contract expired.

Since the news of the appointment was revealed, most supporters gave their backing to the former Premier League player, others saw the funny side – check out those tweets on the next page.