Connect with us

Non League

Aldershot player’s career ends after being stabbed on way home from training

An Aldershot Town footballer has had to call time on his career after he was stabbed while he made his way home from training.

According to reports, Montel Brown was approached by a 14 year old boy who asked where he was from, after replying with “Chingford”, Brown was then stabbed in the stomach and the attacker then fled the scene.

The former Southend footballer, 18, had been working towards a professional contract and hoping to play Premier League football after being spotted by the scouts of West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur.


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Lee Robert Williams (@leewillzy) on

After the stabbing, he spent a month in a coma and nearly died on the operating table after he lost nearly every ounce of blood in his body.

He now struggles to walk and has thought deeply about the years of recovery he will have to do.

In a statement, Montel said a teammate who was with him when he was stabbed, has just signed his first professional contract.

He said to the court: “A 14-year-old stranger has ruined my life, my hopes and my dreams. I should also have been signing a contract but he has taken that away from me.

“Instead, he has left me in so much pain, something I will have to deal with for the rest of my life.”

“This has affected my football career, something I have been working towards for the past 12 years”, he said.

“I’m totally devastated. I used to be able to run up and down a football pitch for 90 minutes. Now I find it hard to walk for five minutes without stopping to take a break.”

“My six pack has gone, I am left with a large ugly wound.”

It is said that the 14 year old told his youth worker after the attack that he had bought a knife from a market after being the victim of an attempted robbery by boys from Chingford.

The court also heard “he was hellbent on revenge on the Chingford Boys” and that the attacker changed out of his school uniform and armed himself with the knife that day intending to carry out an attack.

Just three days before his stabbed Montel Brown, he tried out an attack on a fellow pupil at school that he filmed and posted on social media.

A judge sentenced the boy to four-and-a-half years in youth detention, and an extra four years on licence after his release as well as pleading guilty to one charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.


Around the time of the attack, a tweet (which was read by Montel’s Dad) from a member of the public helped to save Montel Brown’s life, the life saver then got floods of praise – check out those tweets on the next page.


Pages: 1 2

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


More in Non League